CFZ Cowboys find new heartbreaking ways to lose

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
1st and 10 at the 11, 27 seconds remaining. You have four shots into the endzone. Instead, Dak takes a horrible sack which leaves us with two very low percentages throws into the endzone. I believe Dak is a good quarterback but he makes some of the dumbest decisions and this team/coaching isn't good enough to overcome his mistakes.

ShortRound

Reaction score
1st and goal at the 6 with plenty of time to run 4 plays.

I thought there was no way we wouldn't score.
A golden opportunity I didn’t think we would get. And then we moved some 20 yards backwards. Unbelievable.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but earlier in the game, what I thought I saw (I could be wrong, but I’m NOT watching any of it again to check) was a Sam Williams strip sack, where he inadvertently knocked the ball back into Hurts’ hands with his free hand.

Things like that are exactly what this team finds a way to have happen.

75boyz

Reaction score
Minnesota was a 13-4 successful regular season team last year by going 11-0 in games decided by one score.

Seems like when we're facing an above .500 opponent and it's close, this team fails to execute THE pivotal play or plays that are required in order to win those type games against those type opponents. It's been this way for many years. Through different coaches and quarterbacks.

It's almost as if you're waiting for the next most historically uncommon way in order to lose to happen.

Stephen A. Smith has made himself lotsa money by poking fun at this particular character trait of this team.

They essentially "don't know how to win these type games."

And it's much bigger than the Owner/GM.

jmo

Last edited:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
1st at their 6 with plenty of time: penalty, penalty, sack, incomplete pass, etc....this is Cowboys Football over the last 30 years and it cannot be the most embarrassing event to take place in the history of my fandom because I completely expected it

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don’t know how heartbroken I am over yesterday. They were a few feet here and a few feet there from beating the “best” team in the league at home in a playoff environment. I like their chances against anyone if that’s the team that shows up weekly. The lasting impression of the two other losses are what’s really depressing.

lwehlers

Reaction score
This team always finds ways to choke.

Same %#*$#, different year.
that's what so frustrating every freaking year this team always finds ways to choke away games that teams like the chiefs always find ways to win.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
we snatch losses from jaws of victory. we panic. we don't know how to act. when we need to be at our best, the worst in us comes out. we don't know how to handle those situations and some of that falls on the coaches.
This right here. Around here we were just talking about the SF loss where time ran out where the team panicked and didn't know what the rules were to give themselves the best chance. A great team would have snatched victory from defeat yesterday. It's a baseball analogy and I hate them but the Yankees teams of the late 90s were great at capitalizing on mistakes. If you made an error, they damn sure would make you pay. Killer (and skill) instinct. We just don't have that and it's why we make up all sorts of "forces that are against us" to cover up that fact but it is what it is at this point. It can change later in the season, but likely? I'd say no.