Cowboys games on DVD

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Dude you must be obsessed. Not a bad obsession though.:)

I'm adding you to my video contact list for future reference. Thanks for posting.:cool:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
holy jebus! from 1957 to 2005! damn that is huge

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
what was the exact process you used to transfer your VHS collection to DVDs? From my recent experience, those DVDR/VHS combo machines suck big time. The VHS transfer loses a ton of quality. My best results came from using a 6-head S-VHS deck to play my regular VHS tapes and connect it to the stand-alone DVD recorder via a S-VHS cable. Then record the DVD in 1 hour speed.

Lippy

Reaction score
the combo players do suck imo... i use the same method as you pretty much (vhs - s-video - standalone) but i use flex mode recoding which allows you to set the recording speed between the 1 and 2 hour modes (although i rarely go more than 1 hour 30 minutes per disc)

i do also own a bunch of beta masters which transfer great... and a large part of my collection (the 70's games) comes from network reels... it's good to know people in the hobby :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CowboyJeff said:
what was the exact process you used to transfer your VHS collection to DVDs? From my recent experience, those DVDR/VHS combo machines suck big time. The VHS transfer loses a ton of quality. My best results came from using a 6-head S-VHS deck to play my regular VHS tapes and connect it to the stand-alone DVD recorder via a S-VHS cable. Then record the DVD in 1 hour speed.

The best way to make it almost 100% quality is getting a capture card or a breakout box for your pc and some good non linear editing softaware. For beginners pinnacle studio, ulead or nero is good. For intermediate sony vegas and adobe make good procuts and the best stuff is avid express pro with a mojo.

Anway, plug the vcr into the capture device capture the whole game at 6, 7 or 8000 kbs mpeg-2 video. Then edit out all the commercials. Then split the game in two. First half on one disc, second half on another disc. You can burn the game at full 100% quality. Mpeg-2 8000 kbps. This is the best way to do it and the way that almost gives you a 1:1 ratio.

I would imagine the stand alone recorders u guys are using are burning the games at like 50%. Nowadays TIVO is great. The quality is very good. You can record with the s cable or component (best) and then capture it through the s or the component (avid mojo) and get outstanding quality. Tivo is much better than a vcr, much higher lines of resolution because of the digital picture. Also you can record the games in high def with the high def tivo, but there really are not too many options with working in high def in editing other than the avid software. When the new drives are out for pcs and they come down in prices blue ray and hddvd recording, capturing and authoring and burning in high def will be the way to go.

Here is my list of games. I have superbowl 27 also just havent put it on disc yet.
http://webpages.charter.net/t.hebert/cowboys games to trade/cowboys games to trade.rtf

I would love to get all your games man. Would you be interested in trading games for blanks. Every game you burn for me I give you a blank disc for the game and one for yourself.

One more thing, the quality of disc you put them on makes a big difference. Do not buy discs made in taiwan. Look for discs made in japan. Here are the discs I use. Taiyo yuden make the best discs. You have to order them and they can be specific to the speeds you burn them at. They are great discs and what I use for all my cowboys games.

Also, plextor makes the best burners. For 100 bucks they cant be beat.

hope this helps.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Lippy said:
the combo players do suck imo... i use the same method as you pretty much (vhs - s-video - standalone) but i use flex mode recoding which allows you to set the recording speed between the 1 and 2 hour modes (although i rarely go more than 1 hour 30 minutes per disc)

i do also own a bunch of beta masters which transfer great... and a large part of my collection (the 70's games) comes from network reels... it's good to know people in the hobby :)

wow impressive man. So you got the master film and put them on digibeta then to dvd. That should be outstanding quality.

Or was it older beta? Either way should be great. I have to get in on those trading boards and get some older games.

I dont think its on my list but I also have every superbowl since 89 niners bengals. I havent put any on dvd yet except the cowboys