Cowboys/Giants Thoughts

ddh33

Reaction score
I wonder what we're going to be talking about after this game? Dare I say, TO is not the top story in Dallas right now...

The problem is that the ugly play of the team completely overshadows everything else.

First of all, I want to say that I hurt for Bledsoe tonight. The guy has taken a lot of abuse in his career, both physically and verbal. Through it all, I have always thought that Drew Bledsoe was a very classy guy, a good leader, and a better football player than a lot of people realize. He's got a lot of pride, and I know how much that hurt to be pulled from tonight's game.

Having said that, I do completely understand why Parcells made the move. There were a couple of plays in the first half that summarized all of the problems Drew has had here. On one play, the line actually held up for Drew, but he just couldn't find anybody, held the ball forver, and took the sack. Then to end the half, he throws an unexplainable interception that took points off the board. It will be interesting to see what happens with him from here...

Tony Romo was up and down in his first real chance in the NFL. I was actually impressed, and I don't mean that in a "free pass" sort of way. I thought Romo was running for his life in the entire second half. He was constanlty under pressure, and a lot of times he made things happen for his team when Bledsoe would have taken another sack and lost even more yards. Romo was able to get away from a lot of that and make things happen down the field. Now, a lot of people are going to talk about the bad plays, and that's understandable. I guess I'm just a little more understanding because the team was playing from such a disadvantage. His line couldn't block and his receivers were dropping key passes or slipping down. The team was fighting uphill the entire second half, and the young QB was doing all he could to try to get the team back into the game. There's no question that some of his throws were ill-advised, but it's hard to blame a guy for trying to get his team back into a game all by himself. In a tie game, or one where his team has the lead, Romo may not make those plays. I just don't know...

So who is your QB next week?

Hey, the good news is that I saw the Dallas TEs. I was wondering where they were. Romo and Witten sure seem to have some chemistry.

I think the more important question is who is going to block for the QB next week. Color me unimpressed by the performance of the O-Line tonight, and that is some kind of understatement. I know the Giants defense is good, and they are playing some great ball right now, but it seemed like they had 15 guys on the field all night long. Someone has got to make a block!

Where was the running game?

I thought the defense was a problem tonight too. The pass rush was non-existant, and that's been a recurring problem this year. The coverage in the secondary was exposed because of it. The defense has been a definite letdown this season though. I think we all expected more. The offense has certainly had their problems in some big games, but the defense has been a negative in all three losses.

I'm sure wondering where Dallas goes from here? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. We all heard that we would have some answers after this game. I sure hope this isn't the answer...