News: Cowboys Hall of Famer Troy Aikman shares lofty expectations for explosive offense

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys Hall of Famer Troy Aikman shares lofty expectations for explosive offense

6c108b0e-47c7-428a-8b5f-8674b69cc036-USP_NFL__Dallas_Cowboys_Training_Camp_4.jpg

With Dak Prescott coming back, Troy Aikman sees big things ahead for a Cowboys offense that flourished last season before the QB's injury.

OXNARD, Calif. — Troy Aikman sat to Jerry Jones’ left as the two gestured animatedly from the observation tower overlooking the Cowboys practice field.

The Cowboys icons traded takes on finance and football, including an outlook for the team running two-minute drills on repeat beneath them. Aikman’s expectations for the Cowboys' 2021 season?

“I think they’ve got a chance to be really good, I really do,” Aikman said. “Offensively, I expect them to be as explosive as anyone in the game.”

He elaborated.

“I know last year’s defense was not that good and there’s some concerns there,” Fox’s lead NFL color analyst explained. “Until they show it on the field, there’s going to be those questions. But I believe the players they have—I hate to say if they stay healthy, that’s true for all teams—but if the players they have can play to the ability we know they can, then I think they should have plenty of defense to complement an explosive offense and win a lot of games.”

Read Full Story

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Troy doing his homework as a broadcaster. I like what he is seeing. It only reaffirms what I'm already seeing.

JayFord

Reaction score
if this offense can stay healthy they can put up 35 points per game

only problem is if the defense doesnt shape up theyll give up 40 per game