Cowboys have done well with alternate pro league players

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve always felt the NFL needed a farm style type league for this reason alone. It’s a shame they refuse to do it, or even support it. You could test rules in the league as well that you’re thinking of putting in the NFL.
They already do have a farm system…it’s called college football. But I hear you man. Not a bad idea there.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
They already do have a farm system…it’s called college football. But I hear you man. Not a bad idea there.

Well technically that is true, but what about developing guys that you just don’t have to room for? It just seems like it would make sense.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The NFL doesn't view the college system as competition which is why they will never use other leagues as a 'farm system'. Those leagues are competing for viewership money and the NFL doesn't like to share.

conner01

Reaction score
I’ve always felt the NFL needed a farm style type league for this reason alone. It’s a shame they refuse to do it, or even support it. You could test rules in the league as well that you’re thinking of putting in the NFL.
Injuries are the issue. Players have 32 options and generally those that can play nfl football make a team. Turpin was over looked because of his size. But a farm system league would be just guys that couldn’t make a team. It would also cost a lot of money and not create much revenue. There’s certainly a need but it’s a very complicated thing to pull off

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Aubrey and Turpin have been good finds, heck Garret Gilbert was briefly serviceable. I didn't even know if the XFL and USFL were active, google just told me they are merging. Hope Dallas keeps an eye on it.
Dallas has a great history with undrafted players.
Romo, Pearson, Austin, Bailey ect.......

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aubrey and Turpin have been good finds, heck Garret Gilbert was briefly serviceable. I didn't even know if the XFL and USFL were active, google just told me they are merging. Hope Dallas keeps an eye on it.
Herschel Walker...