Cowboys have had five Pro Bowl kickers and two named All-Pro - can Aubrey?

817Gill

Reaction score
Definitely a pro bowler, likely All-Pro due to his distance and 31/31.

Though KC’s kicker has been perfect all year including extra points. Going to be hard to beat that.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
waterboy-kicker.gif

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
With all these threads about him and an appearance on Dan Patrick’s show I can see no way the streak continues.

It was a great run and I hope it’s not a costly miss.

Motorola

Reaction score

Though KC’s kicker has been perfect all year including extra points. Going to be hard to beat that.
I predict both Aubrey and the Chiefs' Harrison Butker will be the Pro Bowl selections for their conferences.
And both will be honored as NFL All-Pro...one will be first-team, the other second-team.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I predict both Aubrey and the Chiefs' Harrison Butker will be the Pro Bowl selections for their conferences.
And both will be honored as NFL All-Pro...one will be first-team, the other second-team.
If the season were to end the day Aubrey would be first team all pro and there wouldn’t or at least shouldn’t be a second team kicker

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Isn't he kind of already? I mean, who else is perfect on the season? SImply a great find... even if he is a little bit older.
The Chiefs kicker is 23-23

i just don’t see how anyone can vote for him given the season Aubrey is having.
Outside of attempting 7 more Figs and being 30-30, Aubrey is also 8-8 from 50+, Butker is 3-3 from 50+

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

Aubrey wins All Pro if he adds one thing to his kicking resume this year...a walk off winning FG in either the regular season or playoffs against a legitimate opponent.

If it happens in the rain and wind of Buffalo, then the legend will grow.

Motorola

Reaction score
If the season were to end the day Aubrey would be first team all pro and there wouldn’t or at least shouldn’t be a second team kicker
Three (recognized) organizations annually select an NFL All-Pro Team.

Associated Press
Pro Football Writers Association
The Sporting News

PFWA and TSN choose just one player overall for their NFL All-Pro honor.
AP bestows their award to two players at every position, and designates one First-Team and the other Second-Team.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s accurate. The AP does 1 vote, and the highest vote getter is first team and the second highest is second teams. In the case of a unanimous selection, there is no second team selection.

For example, in 2010 Tom Brady was a unanimous all pro selection and there was no second team all pro QB that year.

The most recent example is probably 2021, where typically 2 RBs make the first team and 2 get the second team nod. But the two vote getters at RB…Jonathan Taylor and Nick Chubb were unanimous selections, thus both were first team selections and there was no second team choice at RB.

JDizzle999

Reaction score
Would it be better to get a miss over with in the regular season rather than going into the playoffs with extra pressure of the streak. Or would it make him ultra confident? Who knows what goes thru a kickers' head.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Chiefs kicker is 23-23

i just don’t see how anyone can vote for him given the season Aubrey is having.
Outside of attempting 7 more Figs and being 30-30, Aubrey is also 8-8 from 50+, Butker is 3-3 from 50+
Agreed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With all these threads about him and an appearance on Dan Patrick’s show I can see no way the streak continues.

It was a great run and I hope it’s not a costly miss.
Rather have a miss in the regular season and then reboot and make his 100% in the playoffs get it over with now get past it etcetera