Twitter: Cowboys list of undrafted rookie FA signings

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would like to have seen Marvin Wilson as a UDFA but it appears he is signing with Cleveland.

He had bad "tape" in 2020 due to playing through a leg injury.

The injury also made him look bad at the Pro Day and Senior Bowl practices before it caused him to miss the game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would like to have seen Marvin Wilson as a UDFA but it appears he is signing with Cleveland.

The injury also made him look bad at the Pro Day and Senior Bowl practices before it caused him to miss the game.

And that's probably the reason we didn't draft him. It may take him a year to fully recover.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys have his #2 ILB and TE. I'd say those guys and one of the receivers have the best chance but they're all long shots.

I think there might be more missed evaluations in this draft than average due to multiple issues stemming from Covid.

If true, that could mean more good players fell through the cracks than most years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Its going to take a while to go through each of these UDFAs so I will start from here..
Interesting UDFA prospect in TJ Vasher.. this is one big kid with some skill, but got that crazy alpha dog trait that resembles several of the draft picks this year, Im good with that.
Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson will both have their hands full keeping their place in this camp, there was clearly a target on finding that 4/5 dimension at WR.
https://www.timesrecordnews.com/sto...las-cowboys-after-going-undrafted/4910381001/

Creeper

Reaction score
Coyle puzzles me. He's fast enough, in the 4.4 range, to play free safety, but seems to be considered more of a SS/LB type. Maybe his speed doesn't translate or his movement skills don't.

Coyle's pro-day numbers were outstanding. But I read he has bad instincts. No bueno for a Safety.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Coyle's pro-day numbers were outstanding. But I read he has bad instincts. No bueno for a Safety.

Maybe he'll be worth putting on the practice squad and trying to develop. Can't coach players to have those kind of measurables.

FanSince71

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there are any kick/punt returners on this list? I was completely underwhelmed by Pollard and Ced Wilson last season. I really don’t like the idea of using Lamb a lot in the kicking game because he is too valuable to us in the offense.

I hope we can find a solid, reliable returner.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Could be more than that though. Could be character issues to. If it was just his injury I think he would have gotten drafted due to his skill set

Bartlebie

Reaction score
The WR Mitchell has ludacris measurables. Not sure how he ran but he's an interesting guy to watch at camp