cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboys look at c j spillman per cowboys.scout not sure if been posted or not

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2735056 said:
cowboys look at c j spillman per cowboys.scout not sure if been posted or not

I am warming up to him more and more. Not great size, but good speed and reliable tackler. I hope he's not taken prior to the 5th (by the Cowboys anyway).

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I really liked Spillman and had him on my watch list for the combine. He is very quick for his size and turns his hips well, however he didn't display the best hands the few times they showed him. Perhaps the jugs machine could clear that up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
guy can hit and cover, can play special teams

can't go wrong with him

he's a FS type, but could play strong, in fact NFLDS compares him to Gibril Wilson

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2735359 said:
guy can hit and cover, can play special teams

can't go wrong with him

he's a FS type, but could play strong, in fact NFLDS compares him to Gibril Wilson

C.J. Spillman
S, Marshall
C.J. SPILLMAN MEASURABLES
Height: 6-0 Weight: 197
40-yard dash: 4.46 10-yard dash: 1.50
20-yard shuttle: 4.33 60-yard shuttle: 11.28
Broad jump: 10-2 225-lb. bench:
3-cone drill: 7.07 Vertical jump: 41
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.57

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is productive making low open-field tackles. Shows good agility and decent footwork and quickness. Displays loose hips and some range as a deep defender.

Weaknesses: Rarely makes plays that matter. Is not a force against the run or pass. Allows receivers to catch balls in front of him too often. Does not fill alleys in running game well. Whiffs on tackles at times, giving up big plays.

Bottom line: Spillman shows some good athletic tools, but his effort is questionable at best. He faces long odds to stick in the NFL.