Cowboys LT Tyron Smith (neck) will be in the rehab group today. OL Chuma Edoga (ankle) will be limited

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I hope this is his last year. Dude simply cannot be counted on to stay healthy. And Dallas refuses to give Tyler Smith his spot if that is indeed their future plan for him.

Now we may have a 3rd string guy playing LT against maybe the best and deepest d line in all of football.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I hope this is his last year. Dude simply cannot be counted on to stay healthy. And Dallas refuses to give Tyler Smith his spot if that is indeed their future plan for him.

Now we may have a 3rd string guy playing LT against maybe the best and deepest d line in all of football.
I think they would really like to leave Tyler at guard, which is one reason I hope that third-string guy (Asim Richards) works out. Of course, I'd rather not see a later-round rookie trying to stand in there against Philly's pass rushers Sunday.

75boyz

Reaction score
You drafted Tyler to be the long term solution.
He showed he's more than capable last year as a rookie.

So put him at left tackle and Bass at left guard and be done with it already.

This every single week drama of "Will he or Won't he play" Tyron Smith story is totally played out.

My gosh this freaking staff is as bad or worse than the front office.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

This every single week drama of "Will he or Won't he play" Tyron Smith story is totally played out.

The only people freaked out by this drama are certain fans.

If Tyron Smith is out there, then fine. If not, then roll with Edoga. If not Edoga, then Roll with Richards or move Tyler Smith to OT and Bass to guard. Whatever. Why waste time worrying about it. I am not betting any money on the game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Hurts with a limp the last game, still not listed on the injury report.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I hope Richards is ready
Just want to be the first here to say IF Richards does play and stinks it up, please don't give up on the kid. I'm sure a lot of rookies would have struggles with their debut being against the defending NFC Super Bowl representatives. I like everything I've read, heard and seen on Asim Richards. Think he has potential.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I don’t know what all the fuse is about..

Yeah, we know and expected Tyron Smith to miss games.. this wasn’t a surprise. Just like it’s not going to be a surprise when he’s not here next year.

Tyler Smith is playing lights out at guard. He handled All World Aaron Donald last week. Personally, they can keep him at G and help keep the front of that OLine clean for Dak.

I’ve been impressed with Edoga and Asim Richards for that matter filling in for Tyron. They haven’t been a liability. And as long as Dak continues to get the ball out quick, it really doesn’t matter much.

The real concern is the run game. I really can not tell if it’s the OL scheme or the RBs. Something isn’t right. I tend to believe the Run Blocking is subpar..even more of a reason to keep the young bull, Tyler Smith, at Guard.

Besides, we all know Dal is going to draft another OL (always a LT)within the first two picks next year.

krs1bro

Reaction score

Kwyn

Reaction score

I’m fine with Tyler at LG. He’s playing great there. Are you proposing we just bench Tyron even when he can play?

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Pay attention -- he took a reworked deal for 2023 -- the last year of his deal that would give him what the original contract paid if he met playing time incentives. He took incentives over salary. And he's not going to meet them.

He is retiring after this year but we have an elite LT that we only pay for games played. I can't imagine a better way to let a HoF player go out.

If Tyron is placed on IR -- Tyler is your new LT. Which would be a shame because, damn, he's tossing legit players aside.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Hold on. I’m going to message Warren Sapp to see, for sure, who should play and where.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Guys, we're fine, they did a walkthrough.