Cowboys Made a HUGE Mistake...

adallastiger

Reaction score
by not drafting DeAngelo Williams when they had the chance. As another year or two goes by, this will be noticed...though I agree Felix Jones may be a solid keeper.

But you don't pass up someone with D's college numbers...ever.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Then wouldn't we have not had Barber? Plus it's not like Felix was showing that he sucks before he was hurt and Choice doesn't seem to be too awful himself.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
adallastiger;2472998 said:
by not drafting DeAngelo Williams when they had the chance. As another year or two goes by, this will be noticed...though I agree Felix Jones may be a solid keeper.

Williams is a very good player so is Felix Jones and I think Jones will be a very good player for us for a long time.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

Kevin Smith had one of the greatest rushing seasons in the history of the NCAA last year, but they passed on him as well.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Nice first post.:clap:

:eyepoke:

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
what year was he drafted again? i don't remember exactly, but i think that was a year when we thought the Julius-Barbarian combo was what we needed? i don't think we saw the "robot" runner emerge until that year.

and we can say a lot of things in hindsight about the draft, like we could've had so-and-so instead of Barbie and whatever, but there's just as many bad ones that we could've ended up with instead of studs. like what if we had decided to pass on Barber b/c we thought Julius was good enough, or passed on Ratliff for someone, etc?

better to focus on what we have and what we need to do to get better, otherwise you'll cause yourself unnecessary stress.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Running backs are a dime a dozen.

Unless DeAngelo Williams becomes the next Emmitt Smith, passing him up isn't a loss in any way.

Besides, if Felix isn't hurt, we're not even having this discussion.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score

I think with the performance of Choice yesterday, we are pretty darn solid without Williams.
Don't get me wrong, I think Williams is an excellent back and has been the best performer on my fantasy teams. I am pretty satisfied with the backs Dallas has;)

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
RB's nowadays are not the game dominators that they once were, the Peterson's, Tomlinson's and Portis' are few and far in between, good scouting now can turn a mid round pick into a 1000 yard rusher, Williams is good, but he is not an everydown back.

Everson24

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473004 said:
Williams is a very good player so is Felix Jones and I think Jones will be a very good player for us for a long time.

I worry now that Jones will never be the player he once was because of the toe injury. These types of injuries have derailed many players over the years. If Felix loses his explosiveness he becomes just antother Tyson Thompson type. I hope I'm wrong but I am worried about it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Everson24;2473137 said:
I worry now that Jones will never be the player he once was because of the toe injury. These types of injuries have derailed many players over the years. If Felix loses his explosiveness he becomes just antother Tyson Thompson type. I hope I'm wrong but I am worried about it.

Doctors feel good about Jones chances. Not every injury is exactly the same because the overall damage is not always the same. It was a good think Felix did not try to play on the injury as many have only to do more damage to the already injured toe

superpunk

Reaction score
Ron Dayne, imo.

Sorry if that doesn't apply. You weren't very specific.

Isn't this like a REALLY old thread?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You can either accept the 2006 Draft and move on, or react to this...

BM_milk_large.jpg

In which case you need this...

kleenex.jpg

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2473168 said:
You can either accept the 2006 Draft and move on, or react to this...

BM_milk_large.jpg

In which case you need this...

kleenex.jpg

There's nothing to cry or complain about. Deangelo Williams? Are you kidding? What exactly has anyone seen to suggest RB is our problem?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I'm as big a DeAngelo fan as there is. He went to my school but I wouldn't trade Barber for him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

:rolleyes: