Cowboys may have DeMarcus Lawrence and Zack Martin's replacements waiting in the wings

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2024 could be DeMarcus Lawrence and Zack Martin's last with the Cowboys.
By Brian Martin May 7, 2024

Both Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence joined the Dallas Cowboys as part of their 2014 draft class and are now the two longest-tenured players with the organization. Unfortunately, they are also both entering a contract year in 2024 and may be playing their last and final season with America's Team.

There's a very real possibility 2024 could be a swan song season for both Martin and Lawrence. Due to their age and the money it would take to re-sign both or either of them, it's possible their future in Dallas does not extend beyond this season. It's truly unfortunate we may be saying goodbye to them, but that is part of the business.

Further evidence two of their cornerstone players could be playing their last season with the Cowboys was highlighted with the selections of EDGE Marshawn Kneeland in the second-round (56th overall) and the versatile offensive lineman out of Kansas State, Cooper Beebe, with the first of their two third-round draft picks (73rd overall).

More: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...n-replacements-cooper-beebe-marshawn-kneeland

GMO415

Reaction score
They sure paid off! How many SB rings did they get us?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I think this could be Hooker and Wilson’s last year. Bell and Thomas will be ready to step up. Israel Makamura makes a good backup safety and they have a couple of intriguing UDFA that could land in the practice squad. I have to give them credit for finding good safeties without using a lot of draft capital. There was a time when the cupboard was bare.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think Beebe will replace Martin if he excels at center. Tank was a nasty pass rusher early on and has been one of the best run defending edge players for a while now. Kneeland has a lot of work to do to even be thought of as a replacement.

Jipper

Reaction score
31st year of no success coming soon to a tv near you.
Did this really need to be said? Honestly? We all know the struggles and many of us are pessimistic but your negative comment had absolutely zero connection to a comment made about how we may have drafted 2 guys that would replace aging vets.

I get pessimism and I am certainly on the negative train after last year but at least try and connect your negativity to the threads purpose...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2024 could be DeMarcus Lawrence and Zack Martin's last with the Cowboys.
By Brian Martin May 7, 2024

Both Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence joined the Dallas Cowboys as part of their 2014 draft class and are now the two longest-tenured players with the organization. Unfortunately, they are also both entering a contract year in 2024 and may be playing their last and final season with America's Team.

There's a very real possibility 2024 could be a swan song season for both Martin and Lawrence. Due to their age and the money it would take to re-sign both or either of them, it's possible their future in Dallas does not extend beyond this season. It's truly unfortunate we may be saying goodbye to them, but that is part of the business.

Further evidence two of their cornerstone players could be playing their last season with the Cowboys was highlighted with the selections of EDGE Marshawn Kneeland in the second-round (56th overall) and the versatile offensive lineman out of Kansas State, Cooper Beebe, with the first of their two third-round draft picks (73rd overall).

More: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...n-replacements-cooper-beebe-marshawn-kneeland
If I had to guess at Martins replacement, if that guy was on the roster, it would be Bass

Watching him play in real games last year, I think he would be a much better RG than LG

Creeper

Reaction score
Martin is a HoF RG. I don't think he is going to be replaced that easily, especially in this day and age. If Beebe gives us 4 years and is resigned we will all be shocked.

I can see Kneeland giving us what we saw from DLaw though. Not great but very good consistently.

Of course nothing is certain until we see these two young guys actually play.