News: Cowboys Meeting With Top Wide Receiver: NFL World Reacts

morasp

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys could be looking to upgrade their receiving corps on Day 1 of the 2022 NFL Draft.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter just announced that Ohio State wide receiver Chris Olave is visiting the Cowboys this Tuesday.

Olave had an incredible career at Ohio State, hauling in 175 passes for 2,702 yards and 35 touchdowns. He’s projected to be a first-round pick later this month.

Dallas already has two talented wideouts in Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb, but the team did lose Amari Cooper and Cedrick Wilson Jr. this offseason. Adding a playmaker like Olave would give Dak Prescott yet another versatile weapon.

The Cowboys would probably have to trade up to select Olave, but it doesn’t sound like the NFL world would mind that move.

“CeeDee Lamb + Chris Olave would be unfair,” Damien Bartonek tweeted.

Cowboys Meeting With Top Wide Receiver: NFL World Reacts (msn.com)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agree, we have one or two of those already, would much rather see a freak like Pickens picked up in the 2nd

Olave is Frail but Pickens is not?

Pickens is only 8 pounds heavier while being three inches taller according to the Combine measurements.

In the last 3 years Pickens has played in 12, 8 and 4 Games
Olave in same time frame played in 13 7 and 11

I mean I like Pickens and I would rather get an Oline in the first.
However not sure How Olave is frail where Pickens is not.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have health concerns with pickens. I really prefer wr Johani Dotson in rd 2 r 3.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to adding another WR, but just not in the first. You can pick up a starting quality OL or DE in that space and find someone in later rounds similar to how we nabbed Gallup and contribute.

BPA applies, but none of the wideouts in the first round truly excite me.

jnday

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys could be looking to upgrade their receiving corps on Day 1 of the 2022 NFL Draft.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter just announced that Ohio State wide receiver Chris Olave is visiting the Cowboys this Tuesday.

Olave had an incredible career at Ohio State, hauling in 175 passes for 2,702 yards and 35 touchdowns. He’s projected to be a first-round pick later this month.

Dallas already has two talented wideouts in Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb, but the team did lose Amari Cooper and Cedrick Wilson Jr. this offseason. Adding a playmaker like Olave would give Dak Prescott yet another versatile weapon.

The Cowboys would probably have to trade up to select Olave, but it doesn’t sound like the NFL world would mind that move.

“CeeDee Lamb + Chris Olave would be unfair,” Damien Bartonek tweeted.

Cowboys Meeting With Top Wide Receiver: NFL World Reacts (msn.com)
Seems familiar. I remember all of the comments here about the Lamb, Gallup and Cooper lineup being impossible to stop. Reality was a hard slap to the face. Who would have guessed that an accurate QB that could find open WRs was needed?

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pickens is only 8 pounds heavier while being three inches taller according to the Combine measurements.

Good point, the point I was trying to make but didn't do it well, is for us to get a bigger stronger wide-out if we go that direction i don't think we need another finesse receiver, we need a beast. I too want us to go O-line in the first, unless by some miracle Jordon Davis DT Georgia is there.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
True, hoping he is 100%. His player intensity and physic remind me of Michael Irvin though and we could use a Michael Irvin on this team right now.
He's a great talent, but he's no Michael Irvin.
He needs to learn how to keep his emotion and temper in check.