News: Cowboys' Micah Parsons Using Grandma Advice at Aaron's Packers

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When the Dallas Cowboys hit the road on Sunday to take on the Green Bay Packers, linebacker Micah Parsons will be approaching the game with a unique mentality - a mindset he learned from his grandma.

“My Grandma told me: If you see a roach and it’s fooling around, do you step on it and bury it, or do you let it rebuild and get back to life?” Parsons told Yahoo Sports. “You step on it. I live life with no remorse. You can’t have no remorse in this game [or] it turns up to bite you.”

The Packers, who came into the season considered a contender, have not looked like the Packers of old. Making matters worse is the slow start of quarterback Aaron Rodgers, leading to a 3-6 record.

To Parsons, none of this means that Rodgers can be counted out - quite the contrary.

“He can make any throw, he scrambles, he moves the pocket,” said Parsons, who thinks so highly of the icon that he's talked about seeking a post-game autographed jersey. “I’m expecting the unexpected because we’re not going to see the Aaron Rodgers we saw all year.”

While the Packers look like a wounded animal on paper, Rodgers has seemingly always had the Cowboys' number in his career. ... So much so that as a starter he sports a 7-3 record all-time against Dallas, including the playoffs.

'Rodgers the Roach'? Dallas Cowboys' Micah Parsons Using Grandma's 'Step On It' Advice at Aaron's Packers - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I'm guessing he likes a "roach" or two from time to time...Meanwhile, after keeping Da Bears in the game for far too long we can't afford to sleep on anybody!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Is Aaron Jones playing? If not— GB will be outmatched in all 3 phases. If Jones is playing, their run game can hurt you and set Rodgers up to hurt you if he has time.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
roach-roach.jpg
mrw-i-see-a-gif-i-created-re-hosted-on-another-site-94848.gif