News: Cowboys most likely to miss the Playoffs this year

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol...again just can't see the grey...lol

"Grey" is code for "Garrett's resume is pretty light but if I can somehow convince myself 2017 and 2013 were good seasons that makes him look better..........."

Sydla

Reaction score
You're right you didn't say 8-8 I assumed it because I had no freaking idea that in your world 9-7 doesn't count as a successful season....lol

I bet a majority of fans across the league wouldn't consider a 9-7, non-playoff year where you finish in the bottom half of the conference a "successful" season.

What's the goal of any sports season? Win a championship first. Make the playoffs is second. The Cowboys achieved neither of those. They didn't even finish in the top half of their league that year. But it was successful. LOL.

Is your support of Garrett that strong that you will just say and use such ridiculous logic here?

Dre11

Reaction score
I bet a majority of fans across the league wouldn't consider a 9-7, non-playoff year where you finish in the bottom half of the conference a "successful" season.

What's the goal of any sports season? Win a championship first. Make the playoffs is second. The Cowboys achieved neither of those. They didn't even finish in the top half of their league that year. But it was successful. LOL.

Is your support of Garrett that strong that you will just say and use such ridiculous logic here?

I bet plenty of fans would consider 9-7 successful even if it didn't com e with a playoff. You not felling great, but it is success.

Sydla

Reaction score
I bet plenty of fans would consider 9-7 successful even if it didn't com e with a playoff. You not felling great, but it is success.

Most fans here didn't consider a non-playoff year in 2017 a success. We are really no different than most other fanbases so the prevailing feeling here would probably hold for most fanbases unless you were a Lions fan or Bengals fan. LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score

I just looked into my crystal ball. The 2019 Dallas Cowboys didn't have any major or a large number of injuries (outside the norm for any NFL team) and no players were suspended.

They went 9-7, didn't make the playoffs and finished 8th in the NFC.

Successful season? Or no?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
"Grey" is code for "Garrett's resume is pretty light but if I can somehow convince myself 2017 and 2013 were good seasons that makes him look better..........."
I see the Grey a little bit more each and every day that I glance in the mirror,, Im betting that we get another ring before its all grey.. hope its a good bet.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Minimum of 10-6 for me unless there was a playoff win with a 9-7 record

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The six teams most likely to miss the playoffs after making it in 2018-2019

Michael Colangelo
5 hrs ago
Dallas Cowboys

I was one of those dead-wrong folks who thought the Eagles would win the NFC East last year. So, mark me down as one of the many people who think Philadelphia will reign supreme in their division this year. The Cowboys are good but not great and didn't do much to improve this offseason. They have a mediocre coach at best, and Dallas is stuck with Jason Garrett because he made the playoffs last year. That might cause the Cowboys to miss the playoffs this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-making-it-in-2018-2019/ar-AADk5lz?li=BBnb7Kz

"The Cowboys are good but not great and didn't do much to improve this offseason."

We added an All Pro Center. Quinn. Crazy depth on both sides of the trenches.

But the biggest improvement was addition by subtraction: bye bye Linehan,

Dre11

Reaction score
I just looked into my crystal ball. The 2019 Dallas Cowboys didn't have any major or a large number of injuries (outside the norm for any NFL team) and no players were suspended.

They went 9-7, didn't make the playoffs and finished 8th in the NFC.

With the talent on the team now no, it wouldn't be. Those teams were no where near as talented. Again grey area alert.

Successful season? Or no?

DHCBF66

Reaction score
"The Cowboys are good but not great and didn't do much to improve this offseason."

lol. I'm guessing the writer didn't do much to improve his non bias observation skills.

Dak seems super focused and everyone has raved about the improvement with his touch on deep passes. And no moe Linehan, which by itself is an improvement. Moore won't be predictable.

DT - added Trysten Hill, Christian Covington, Daniel Wise (has chance making team).
DE - added Robert Quinn, Kerry Hyder, Joe Jackson, Jalen Jelks.
CB - added Michael Jackson (was getting some praise in ota's).
RB - added Tony Pollard, Mike Weber.
WR - added Randall Cobb, Cedric Wilson (out last year, showed promise before injj.), and some ufa rookie wr's coaches also like.
OL - added Conner McGovern, Mitch Hyatt (could make team).
Dont forget about Larry Jr on the o-line......:thumbup: