Cowboys must cut down to 75 on 8/29/06..

sago1

Reaction score
Just counted Cowboy roster and they have 77 players listed; subtracting Henson (Shanle/Peterman/Saldi etc already deleted) leaves us at 76. But does Coleman's upcoming 4 regular season suspension get us down to 75 or do we still need to cut a player? I wouldn't be surprised to see Parcells cut us to well under 75 by 8/29; he's emphasized he wants to see/work lot more with those players he really believes will be on the starting unit--except for those few who he still evaluating.

Realize this isn't a sexy subject but I'm already tired of those complaining about the cuts--particularly Henson. Getting a 7th for undrafted Shanle works for me; I'm tired of seeing us cut players & get nothing in return. Annoyed Peterman didn't work out combined with Rogers from same draft but happens to othe teams, so why not us. I've read about other teams who've unloaded first day picks who unsuccessful so it happens to them and to us; live with it. Just surprised Peterman cut now instead of 8/29; same goes for Henson.

BTW: I didn't care whether it was Romo or Henson who became the keeper QB; I just wanted a legit backup/maybe possible starter to come out of the decision. So it's Romo according to Parcells and that fine with me. Never could understand why people beat themselves up over one particular QB; it's not like either of them were going to be another Aikman--no matter what some Romo fans think.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I believe Beriault is still listed on the roster as well. If he retires as expected that puts us at 75 right there.