News: Cowboys News: Why Cowboys Defense Is Going To "Find A Way To Be Good Again."

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys News: Why Cowboys Defense Is Going To "Find A Way To Be Good Again."

Sean Lee talks about Cowboys' 2016 Defense

The widespread expectation is that the Cowboys' Defense won't be much good in 2016. Just don't tell that to Sean Lee.

"Personally, I expect more of myself this year," Lee said. "It was a frustrating year, going 4-12. Being able to find a way to get wins in the 4th quarter, causing more turnovers, that's something we need to do, have to do."

Lee says his knee is 100 percent better after offseason surgery.

"I'm ready to go, physically," Lee said. "Hopefully I can take a next step within this Defense."

"We talked a lot about everybody kicking the rust off the first few days," Coach Jason Garrett said. "He's one of those guys that doesn't seem real rusty. Just a good football player, and certainly has done a lot of things to get himself right for this point in training camp. He looks good."

So much has been made about how the Offense is trying to get back to it's 2014 form, with Tony Romo and Dez Bryant healthy, and with Zeke Elliott running the ball. But Lee wants the Defense to look more like '14 did, too.

"We showed some things last year, but you know two years ago I think we caused a lot of turnovers, lot of game-changing plays. We're going to find a way to be good again. We're going to find a way to play at a higher effort. And I think it's going to start this year."

And -- no surprise here -- Lee is ready and willing to take charge in making that happen...