Cowboys only Mock Draft; Assuming we get Pac Man before 22nd pick

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
1a.) Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
Has the speed to take it to the house consistency and has anough physical tools to be a full time back, if Barber gets hurt.
1b.) DeSean Jackson, WR, California
After hearing about the marijunan issues, I think he may fall to round 2, but I'm too lazy to predict a trade. Definately upgrades the speed of our offense.
2.) Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
Even if we do land Pac Man, another CB is needed and Porter has great value at the end of rd 2. Great speed, and man coverege skills, but probably won't contribute much on special teams, which is usually a must for a 4th CB.
3.) Tom Zbikowski, SS, Notre Dame
I really think at this point Red Bryant will be off the board, so instead of reaching for Okam or another DT, I'd rather make sure we get this guy. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a top SS, but I think he'll be a great special teams player
4.) Frank Okam, DT, Texas
I would much rather get Okam here than rd 3. He's huge, but does have that under achiever label. Currently we'd only need him in a rotation, which could mean lots of production
5.) *traded for Adam Jones, CB, Tennessee*
6.) Drew Miller, OL, Florida
Solid o-lineman, who can play multiple positions, including G/C
7.) Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii
Some may take him in rd 7 prior to us, but I want some kind of QB with upside to develop into a #2

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
I love adding Stewart and Jackson to this offense, would certainly add the WOW factor, but I don't like Porter AT ALL, I think he's a bust, and Zbikowski is 100 times WORSE then Roy Williams in coverage, so I'm not sure why we'd take him, I like Okam cause 2 years ago someone actually had him as the #1 overall pick in the 08' draft, so he does have the potential, not sure he ever turns the light on, could be a Leon Lett late round steal or a huge bust, but worth it IMO for a late 4th!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
no problems here. I don't know the Miller kid but I love the Brennan pick. Great character and good skills. Not the greatest arm but I think people are learning how to pick QBs a little better. It's much more cerebral and character than just skills. He has all the throws but not real strong. needs technical work, too.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Mine is pretty similar, so I'd be happy with it. ;)

I'm not a fan of small receivers though, so it'd be hard for me to ever take one in the 1st round unless he was absolutely dominating in college. I'm not sure Desean was.