Cowboys players you think will have huge years?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
with the season being a couple of days away and seeing everything you have from training camp and Pre-Season which 2 players (1 Offense and 1 Defense) do you think will have huge years??? post the players and why

On the Offensive side of the ball i think it will be Terry Glenn. The guy is coming off a great year and this pre-season he has looked spectacular and with T.O being gone most of the pre-season i think Glenn will be Bledsoe's go to guy. Then with T.O being on the other side he will be going a lot of 1 on 1 with defensive backs and there's not many players that can keep up with Glenn. He will have more than 1,100 yards receiving 8 TD's and be in the Pro-Bowl.

On Defense its going to be Terence Newman. Personally and i think many will agree with this, last year Newman became one of the best corners in NFL but not many people in the Media outside of Dallas noticed. The guy just shut down many of the premier receivers and at the end of the year teams werent even passing to his side of the field. He will be even better this year and people will finally recognize Newman as a top 5 corner in the NFL. He will also be selected to be in the Pro-Bowl.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
TO & Terry Glenn.........Terry will have a monster year...TO will open up some routes for him.

Bone

Reaction score
Ware, Canty, Spears, James, Newman, Henry, T. Glenn, Witten, and Bledsoe will all have huge seasons. Mark it down.

Bone
out.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Julius Jones is ready! Don't let the preseason fool you. He will be a Road Warrior this year. His best games have been away from Texas Stadium. Don't worry about the O-line. They will gel and Julius will get many yards on his own as well. He will remain healthy this season. He has a chip on his shoulder, so watch out!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
well on D you know roy will have a huge year as usual but im gonna say greg ellis. on offense im gonna say T.G.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think Barber has a very productive season as our 3rd down/backup RB. 600-700 yds rushing and 300-400 yds receiving.

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
Defense

Canty
Spears
Williams (Back to rookie form)
Newman
Ware

"2nd hand Defense"

(The defense that brings a Super Bowl ring to the second hand)

StarMan2112

Reaction score
On defense, Demarcus Ware is primed for a huge season. He's going to be a beast now that he doesn't have to think so much.

On offense, I like Drew Bledsoe. While I am still VERY concerned about our O-Line, I do think it will be at least marginally better than last year. T.O. is going to do wonders for this offense, and Terry Glenn looks to be ready for a nice season. Bledsoe could approach 30 td's.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's easy to pick Ware and TO, or Glenn and TNew. I think JJ, because of what TO & Glenn will do. On defense, I think Bradie James continues to impress.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Ellis, Newman, Canty, Ware, Barber, T.O., possibly Glenn

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I hope Ware will establish himself as a true force, but I think Canty may steal the show.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita said:
Julius Jones is ready! Don't let the preseason fool you. He will be a Road Warrior this year. His best games have been away from Texas Stadium. Don't worry about the O-line. They will gel and Julius will get many yards on his own as well. He will remain healthy this season. He has a chip on his shoulder, so watch out!
I wish I could be as optimistic as you are. Im hoping for the best, but I am not a big fan of this OL, besides Flozell, I dont really like any of them that much.

If Rivera can return to his old form, Colombo can reach his potential, Gurode can limit the mental errors, and Kosier is as servicable as advertised, THEN i'll buy into that.

Seems like alot of questions at the OL doesn't it? And that's not mentioning that Adams probably needs to knock some rust off.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I wish I could be as optimistic as you are. Im hoping for the best, but I am not a big fan of this OL, besides Flozell, I dont really like any of them that much.

If Rivera can return to his old form, Colombo can reach his potential, Gurode can limit the mental errors, and Kosier is as servicable as advertised, THEN i'll buy into that.

Seems like alot of questions at the OL doesn't it? And that's not mentioning that Adams probably needs to knock some rust off.
I think our Pass blocking will be fine but i'm worried about our run blocking considering this pre-season so far there has not been many times when our O-line has gotten any push against opposing D-lines. Getting T.O healthy though should help a bit

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
I think our Pass blocking will be fine but i'm worried about our run blocking considering this pre-season so far there has not been many times when our O-line has gotten any push against opposing D-lines. Getting T.O healthy though should help a bit

I agree, but the other guy was advocating for a strong running game. That doesn't work when you have no push, as you correctly stated.

Hopefully TO Glenn and Witten will open up the area around the LOS a bit...if we can't run against a 7 man front, we are in alot of trouble.

Again, I've been saying this, and I'm defiantely not the only one (who can't see this), but if the OL isn't at least above average, we could be in for some trouble. I think we are the best team in the division, except we have a HUGE question mark at a key aspect of a succesful football team, the offensive line. I'm remaining optimistic, but I can' take off the silver and blue glasses every once in a while and voice some concern.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I agree, but the other guy was advocating for a strong running game. That doesn't work when you have no push, as you correctly stated.

Hopefully TO Glenn and Witten will open up the area around the LOS a bit...if we can't run against a 7 man front, we are in alot of trouble.

Again, I've been saying this, and I'm defiantely not the only one (who can't see this), but if the OL isn't at least above average, we could be in for some trouble. I think we are the best team in the division, except we have a HUGE question mark at a key aspect of a succesful football team, the offensive line. I'm remaining optimistic, but I can' take off the silver and blue glasses every once in a while and voice some concern.
i think if we can be a top 13 run team we should be fine. Our Passing offense with solid blocking should be a top 5 passing attack and so if we can be at the very least a good 4th quarter run team to run down the clock then we will be fine.