Cowboys Playoff Lives May Come Down To Philly Game..

Reaction score
How big was that loss to the Steelers?

All I know is our season can very well be on the line, on the road, in Philly, if we don't beat the Giants and the Ravens.

Philly has an easier schedule with games against Cleveland on Monday night, a road trip to a free-falling Skins team, than the Cowboys come to town. The Eagles are now back in the playoff hunt and just a game back.

As matter of fact, IMO, the Cowboys just may have to win out to get that Wildcard birth. The loss to the Steelers could be the undoing to the Cowboys Wildcard spot. We will see how things unfold but things are stacked against the Cowboys.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2473855 said:

All I know is our season can very well be on the line, on the road, in Philly, if we don't beat the Giants and the Ravens.

Philly has an easier schedule with games against Cleveland on Monday night, a road trip to a free-falling Skins team, than the Cowboys come to town. The Eagles are now back in the playoff hunt and just a game back.

As matter of fact, IMO, the Cowboys just may have to win out to get that Wildcard birth. The loss to the Steelers could be the undoing to the Cowboys Wildcard spot. We will see how things unfold but things are stacked against the Cowboys.

Don't sleep on the Falcons, they have...

Tampa - it's a home game, and they're prolly thirsting for revenge from their wk2 meeting.

@Minny - didn't Minny play a close game with lowly Detroit yesterday?

St. Louis - 'Nuff said

I could easily see them running the tables, quite frankly.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2473855 said:

Another thing-this reminds me alot of the '05 season-those razor-thin losses with blown opportunities to the Skins and Broncos costed us the playoffs. Otherwise, who knows how far we would have gone in that weak NFC?

Boysboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;2473878 said:
It matters. With a rookie qb I can see the Falcons losing 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 3.

Ryan has played very well all year-including yesterday in the Saints loss.

dcjules

Reaction score
Living in South Jersey, I have circled that game for weeks as being a "huge problem". As most of the board knows, the Eagles and their Fans live for beating Dallas. Even if the Birds were to have been eliminated, beating Dallas is a season saver in the eyes of the fans. I know we have a tall order in beating NYG and Balt first, especailly after coughing up one to Pitt, but that last game in Philly, phew!!! Cold nasty weather and fans, let alone a team that may have a shot at the playoffs or saving face!!! Its not that I fear the Eagles, of course we can go there and win, its that of all teams to possibly knock us out, anyone but them!!!! Gotta have faith though, go Boys!!!

Reaction score
dcjules;2473885 said:
Living in South Jersey, I have circled that game for weeks as being a "huge problem". As most of the board knows, the Eagles and their Fans live for beating Dallas. Even if the Birds were to have been eliminated, beating Dallas is a season saver in the eyes of the fans. I know we have a tall order in beating NYG and Balt first, especailly after coughing up one to Pitt, but that last game in Philly, phew!!! Cold nasty weather and fans, let alone a team that may have a shot at the playoffs or saving face!!! Its not that I fear the Eagles, of course we can go there and win, its that of all teams to possibly knock us out, anyone but them!!!! Gotta have faith though, go Boys!!!

I live in South Jersey as well. Hey, the Cowboys histroy there is not very good and you know if the season is on the line for Philly and Dallas them crazy fans will be all fired up and drunk.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473883 said:
Ryan has played very well all year-including yesterday in the Saints loss.

I'm aware of that. I just don't trust a rookie qb. Especially with pressure against him. Hell I don't even trust veteran qb's with pressure against them lol. I don't think the Falcons get in. I hope the Bucc's or Panthers don't get in but more than likely both will get in.

dcjules

Reaction score
Just imagine the atmosphere that week and at the game, it would be a streetfight for Dallas. Way back in Sept, I had hoped Dallas would have clinched (the division) in order to avoid that nightmare. Guess we'll find out shortly, only if business is taken care of first, maybe we might end up as the spoiler??? how ironic!!!

Reaction score
dcjules;2473920 said:
Just imagine the atmosphere that week and at the game, it would be a streetfight for Dallas. Way back in Sept, I had hoped Dallas would have clinched (the division) in order to avoid that nightmare. Guess we'll find out shortly, only if business is taken care of first, maybe we might end up as the spoiler??? how ironic!!!

Just don't see us going there and winning.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2473955 said:
Just don't see us going there and winning.

I agree-really, who cares? Pt being that it's going to be awfully tough to go to Minny, in a VERY loud Dome, against the team that brilliantly stops the run AND runs the ball effectively, and a team that'll likely be hot going in.

While I agree that anything can happen in the playoffs, we have noone to blame but ourselves for digging this rotten hole. I hope our guys learn their lessons in the offseason.