CFZ Cowboys poised to win statement game Sunday

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not one to make predictions . And I’m not saying we are going to win but I do think this is an opportunity we are in a good position to win.

Yea, there’s the pressure a statement game like this presents as we didn’t fare well earlier in SF. But this situation feels different . I don’t think we are as full of ourselves as heading into SF. We realize the earlier hype was over blown.

This is no doubt most important game of the season up to this point . If we want to make a serious push to win division this appears a must win game or we will fall 2 games back( 3 with tiebreaker) creating an awfully tough uphill battle rest of season to over take the division.

This is also a game Phil can afford to lose . It would leave them still tied ( not counting tiebreaker) with division lead with another shot later in season to get it back.

We might not be in position later in season if we lose this to play for the division again. This is it IMO. This is our opportunity to win a big game and become more of a serious contender instead of pretenders .

I think we are in the position and feeling some momentum after last two wins to make the push to win a big game . We are due . I look for a much better showing than a few weeks ago against a SB contender .

Jipper

Reaction score
I'll give you much credit for your optimism.

I 100 percent agree they are poised to do it but I unfortunately don't see it being something they will do ( although they certainly can do it)

The nice thing is that this is a nfce game and anything can and will happen...we get a couple of bounces and that might be all we need...and at least it's still warm enough to not be a factor.

Keep the positivity up bc some of us have none and need it from you

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m not one to make predictions . And I’m not saying we are going to win but I do think this is an opportunity we are in a good position to win.

Yea, there’s the pressure a statement game like this presents as we didn’t fare well earlier in SF. But this situation feels different . I don’t think we are as full of ourselves as heading into SF. We realize the earlier hype was over blown.

This is no doubt most important game of the season up to this point . If we want to make a serious push to win division this appears a must win game or we will fall 2 games back( 3 with tiebreaker) creating an awfully tough uphill battle rest of season to over take the division.

This is also a game Phil can afford to lose . It would leave them still tied ( not counting tiebreaker) with division lead with another shot later in season to get it back.

We might not be in position later in season if we lose this to play for the division again. This is it IMO. This is our opportunity to win a big game and become more of a serious contender instead of pretenders .

I think we are in the position and feeling some momentum after last two wins to make the push to win a big game . We are due . I look for a much better showing than a few weeks ago against a SB contender .
The writing is on the wall when you look at common opponents. The Cowboys blew out the Jets, Rams and Patriots while the Eagles struggled against those teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I 100 percent agree they are poised to do it but I unfortunately don't see it being something they will do ( although they certainly can do it)

The nice thing is that this is a nfce game and anything can and will happen...we get a couple of bounces and that might be all we need...and at least it's still warm enough to not be a factor.

You agree with my premise that they are poised to win. Remember I’m not saying I think they will.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
I will say this,.....I want them to win thats for sure. Would I lay a bet on it though? Nope,...no way. IMO this is anyone's game. Having said all that.,..this is exactly the kind of a game a serious contender finds a way to win. Win this thing and we have as good a chance as anyone to win it all this year. Lose it and its same ole same ole,....good but not great team. I do have an inkling we are going to win though,...sure hope so because a win this Sunday will go a long way towards increasing our chances of going where we all want to go.

75boyz

Reaction score

The public hype leading up to the SF game seemed much greater.

Hopefully, for this team, that translates into more onfield production instead of just another round of unkept verbal promises.

Let's win a big game on a big stage on somebody else's turf where we aren't favored.

FOR ONCE.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great post. I agree!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It drives me freaking crazy we are capable of destroying the Eagles. But can we yes, but will we

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the Cowboys can win. But this is the NFL where certainty is not something anyone can have for any game.

IMO, the biggest challenges for us will be dealing with their top shelf D-line and us being able to score early so we can keep them from getting ahead early. If we can make Hurts have to come from behind and make it all on him, I like our chances.

Wilson

Reaction score
Every season we look back on a game or two and say, "If only we had won that game".

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

That's fine, but we GET UP FOR GAMES LIKE THESE, then stall out the next week

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Regular season statements mean nothing come playoff time.
Maybe not but we can’t change the trend until we do . If we can set ourselves up better for playoffs with winning division which this win could be the turning point .

And the we could look back to when it all turned . If not then same ole same ole .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The public hype leading up to the SF game seemed much greater.

Hopefully, for this team, that translates into more onfield production instead of just another round of unkept verbal promises.

Let's win a big game on a big stage on somebody else's turf where we aren't favored.

FOR ONCE.
If we aren’t ready to take the next step then I get it. But if we are then I feel this is the moment .

Reaction score

I'm still in shock from the depantsing they suffered in San Francisco. How could a team be so unprepared and so dysfunctional? It completely derailed my growing trust in the coaching staff. If they can go out there with a solid game plan, execute their plays and win in Philly I'd take that as a statement game that the Niner game was an aberration, they just hadn't pulled it all together yet.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm still in shock from the depantsing they suffered in San Francisco. How could a team be so unprepared and so dysfunctional? It completely derailed my growing trust in the coaching staff. If they can go out there with a solid game plan, execute their plays and win in Philly I'd take that as a statement game that the Niner game was an aberration, they just hadn't pulled it all together yet.
I hear ya. This game is a great opportunity to repair that suffering.