CFZ Cowboys poised to win statement game Sunday

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think Dallas wins this game.

The real game is afterward when Jerry and the talking heads start talking about how great they are, and dudes like Turpin talk of how the league is scared of him.

Overcoming that is more difficult than the Philadelphia Eagles or SF 49ers on the whole…..but at least Jerry is a national celebrity. That’s what it’s really all about.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What has been the biggest problem (with the exception of this year's loss vs the Niners) when they falter in big games?
The offense fails to score enough points and we end up either kicking FG after FG or giving points with turnovers.
Eagles will stop our run therefore this game falls on the hands of our passing game to produce thru the air POINTS!
GL with that................. :facepalm:

P.S. When was the last time we won a game like this?................NEVER!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's fine, but we GET UP FOR GAMES LIKE THESE, then stall out the next week
That’s always a possibility but this season we have been steam rolling lesser opponents and we have one of our easiest stretches beginning next week thru November before our brutal month of December.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
What has been the biggest problem (with the exception of this year's loss vs the Niners) when they falter in big games?
The offense fails to score enough points and we end up either kicking FG after FG or giving points with turnovers.
Eagles will stop our run therefore this game falls on the hands of our passing game to produce thru the air POINTS!

You'd think just by the law of averages we are due to win one of these big games! But I agree with you.....it probably won't happen unless Dak can up his game especially in the red zone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It’s been a long time no doubt .

I’ve always maintained being a long time critic that we must also recognize when it appears to be our time to rise above and win a big game .

Winning this game doesn’t guarantee anything. Except that we can win a big game . We’ll still be a half game out of first place and who knows, we could fizzle out down the stretch ending up battling for a Wild Card slot again.

I’m not even predicting we will win this game . I just think we are in a position or poised to win. Which is more than I thought in SF a few weeks ago. And I think the Egirls are more talented and the fav to repeat as NFCE champs.

We shall see . It’s possible we stump our toe again . If we embarrass ourselves like in SF then we’ll know all of the hype was artificial and we remain pretenders not contenders .

We will probably stumble in as WC team which I predicted before the season with 10 wins cementing who we are. But at least for this week this Cowboys team has an opportunity to answer the bell and elevate themselves.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m not one to make predictions . And I’m not saying we are going to win but I do think this is an opportunity we are in a good position to win.

Yea, there’s the pressure a statement game like this presents as we didn’t fare well earlier in SF. But this situation feels different . I don’t think we are as full of ourselves as heading into SF. We realize the earlier hype was over blown.

This is no doubt most important game of the season up to this point . If we want to make a serious push to win division this appears a must win game or we will fall 2 games back( 3 with tiebreaker) creating an awfully tough uphill battle rest of season to over take the division.

This is also a game Phil can afford to lose . It would leave them still tied ( not counting tiebreaker) with division lead with another shot later in season to get it back.

We might not be in position later in season if we lose this to play for the division again. This is it IMO. This is our opportunity to win a big game and become more of a serious contender instead of pretenders .

I think we are in the position and feeling some momentum after last two wins to make the push to win a big game . We are due . I look for a much better showing than a few weeks ago against a SB contender .
Lets hope.

SF game was important too.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still in shock from the depantsing they suffered in San Francisco. How could a team be so unprepared and so dysfunctional? It completely derailed my growing trust in the coaching staff. If they can go out there with a solid game plan, execute their plays and win in Philly I'd take that as a statement game that the Niner game was an aberration, they just hadn't pulled it all together yet.
I know right? The SF game was ASSUREDLY...our statement game. The one we erase demons. The one we play PISSED.

So you gonna tell me that yet AGAIN?

Look just do it already sheesh! Cut the talk and adages and hyperbole and wise words and headline statements.

Kick them in the teeth like a true champions does. Otherwise we are still chumpions.

visionary

Reaction score
This is not a must win but it is a critical game for Cowboys mentally and in terms of standings

We NEED this game more than the Eagles but do we WANT it more than the Eagles?

Thats the question

Dakota

Reaction score
I am confident we will win today. We come up big when we need too. I need us to win this game to wash the bad taste left in my mouth when the 9ers crushed us. We have to win today. I really felt we would beat the 49ers and that horrible loss was really hard to take. Today is different. The 49ers thrashing was a wake up call. No one is sleeping on the eagles game everyone on this team knows how important it is. I feel we will roll right over them today. Philly will be nothing more than a speed bump for us. Dak is focused and confident. We are playing our best football of the year. Hurts is hurt. He can't run. This game is the real statement game, not the SF game. Cowboys 42 eagles 10.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Yeah buddy, I’m trying to stop letting the cowboys drive me crazy and let my wife have that responsibility
Bro... I love my wife but JESUS how many pairs of shoes can one person possibly own.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I am confident we will win today. We come up big when we need to. I need us to win this game to wash the bad taste left in my mouth when the 9ers crushed us. We have to win today. I really felt we would beat the 49ers and that horrible loss was really hard to take. Today is different. The 49ers thrashing was a wake up call. No one is sleeping on the eagles game everyone on this team knows how important it is. I feel we will roll right over them today. Philly will be nothing more than a speed bump for us. Dak is focused and confident. We are playing our best football of the year. Hurts is hurt. He can't run. This game is the real statement game, not the SF game. Cowboys 42 eagles 10.
Dallas comes up big when they need to?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am confident we will win today. We come up big when we need too. I need us to win this game to wash the bad taste left in my mouth when the 9ers crushed us. We have to win today. I really felt we would beat the 49ers and that horrible loss was really hard to take. Today is different. The 49ers thrashing was a wake up call. No one is sleeping on the eagles game everyone on this team knows how important it is. I feel we will roll right over them today. Philly will be nothing more than a speed bump for us. Dak is focused and confident. We are playing our best football of the year. Hurts is hurt. He can't run. This game is the real statement game, not the SF game. Cowboys 42 eagles 10.
"we come up big when we need to"

Dude....what the ....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not a must win but it is a critical game for Cowboys mentally and in terms of standings

We NEED this game more than the Eagles but do we WANT it more than the Eagles?

Thats the question
"want"....

If we WANT to win it more...we will fail.

plasticman

Reaction score
Not truth. One thing for sure in math is if A=B and B=C then A=C. But that so is NOT the NFL. Especially this year.
And especially when we are talking about an NFC East rivalry game. Those games rarely follow the team's statistical trends.

In 1989 the Cowboys went 1-15. Their only victory was against the 10-6 Washington Whatevers and, despite the 10-6 record, they failed to make the playoffs.

In 1993 Washington went 4-12. One of their victories was against the defending and eventual SB champion Dallas Cowboys.

In the NFC East., if you can't get to the Super Bowl, then screw up your division rival's opportunity to get to the SB. It's an unwritten rule.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was right. We were poised to win . Just couldn’t get out of our own way and overcome some really close calls . Penalties killed us too.

But man how huge was the TD over turned and 2 point conversion. That’s the game.

But we are closer than some want to think . Maybe we’re just cursed with our ownership. And it just not meant to be . The football gods are definitely not with us.