Twitter: Cowboys ranked 5th most valuable franchise in world; #1 in NFL

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I feel like you could pretty much copy/paste this exact same article every year.

Well sort of. I mean it's the usual suspects at the top, and of course Dallas is the most valuable NFL franchise. But Dallas has dropped from #2 to #5 since 2011 despite generating 300MM more.

I also found it really interesting that Manchester United is no longer the most valuable after being at the top of the list for seemingly the last decade.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Jumping in before anyone makes a comment about, "Yeah, but it's meaningless if the Cowboys have only won one playoff game in 15 years": This is a thread about financial value. It's not a thread about winning, or championships.

Threads about winning can be found elsewhere. This is a thread about financial value.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Well sort of. I mean it's the usual suspects at the top, and of course Dallas is the most valuable NFL franchise. But Dallas has dropped from #2 to #5 since 2011 despite generating 300MM more.

I also found it really interesting that Manchester United is no longer the most valuable after being at the top of the list for seemingly the last decade.

I have to suspect that America's growing interest in soccer is helping fill the coffees of big time soccer franchises in Europe. Where I live, 10 years ago, I NEVER saw anybody where official soccer jerseys, gear, etc... now I see it all the time -- mainly in the 10 - 29 crowd but increasingly in older folks as well.

Reactions: Coy

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Considering soccer is the most popular spectator sport in the world, pretty impressive the Cowboys cracked the top 5.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The #1 team is Real Madrid. I thought it was interesting that they don't have an single owner -- it is owned by its 93,000 members, who pay $195 annually. Members get discounts on tickets and merchandise.

Coy

Reaction score
I have to suspect that America's growing interest in soccer is helping fill the coffees of big time soccer franchises in Europe. Where I live, 10 years ago, I NEVER saw anybody where official soccer jerseys, gear, etc... now I see it all the time -- mainly in the 10 - 29 crowd but increasingly in older folks as well.
Good and valid point, it’s one thing to watch an MLS game and a whole different thing watching the likes of Man U, Real Madrid or Barcelona, that is actually pretty entertaining.

Aven8

Reaction score
And people wonder why Jerry will never change. That's not a dab at him either, but why fix what ain't broken?

iceman117

Reaction score
They always have had the business side of things down.... Finally it looks like they are getting the football side of it down, I really really like this team and the direction it is going

KB1122

Reaction score
I don't think they have the business side down. I think they're milking past glories while the other big orgazinations are aggressively expanding their brand worldwide.

KB1122

Reaction score
Wow this is the first year the Yankees have passed the Cowboys. I'm shocked...

The Yankees just joined with Manchester City to bring an MLS team to NYC proper. One team is working to expand its brand worldwide. One team is trying to figure out what rap its owner is going to do in a local pizza commercial.