Cowboys Ring of Honor luncheon today

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
There is a "Ring of Honor Luncheon today in Downtown Dallas. I was lucky enough to get a ticket to it. All the members of the Ring of Honor are going to be there. Probably be about 200-300 people at the lunch.

I"m pretty excited about it. When I get back later, I'll let you guys know how it went.

aznhalf

Reaction score
That sounds fun. A good oppurtunity for you, have fun. Take pictures if you can.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
There is a "Ring of Honor Luncheon today in Downtown Dallas. I was lucky enough to get a ticket to it. All the members of the Ring of Honor are going to be there. Probably be about 200-300 people at the lunch.

I"m pretty excited about it. When I get back later, I'll let you guys know how it went.

I would advise you not to sit next to Tom, Bob or Tex:(

DavyBaby

Reaction score
Congrats on the Ring of Honor ticket!

Let us know if Don Meredith shows up. It would be a surprise (and good news) if he did.

Thanks!

David S.

CowboyWay

Reaction score
Ok, just got back. I was wrong about it being the ring of honor members, it was only the latest three.........Troy, Emmitt, and Irvin.

Highlights............I came up an escalator as I entered the building and at the top of the Escalator no more than 4 feet in front of me was Troy, Irvin, Emmitt, and Norm from the ticket doing the radio show. I sat there and listened, and I could not have been closer to them.

Emmitt and Irvin had these mack daddy watches on, Diamonds big time, Major bling bling if you know what I mean. I'm guessing these things were in the $30,000 range each. You couldn't have missed them if you were blind. Troy looked to be wearing a $30 Seiko. It was pretty damn funny.

On the commercial break, they pulled the headphones off, signed a few items for people (myself included), and believe it or not, made a couple of cracks at T.O's expense. Nothing major, just kind of eye rolling and things like that when his name was mentioned.

Onto the luncheon.............intro's blah blah blah, then the three of them sat around exchanging funny war stories and the such. What was clear was how all three of them absolutely love Norv Turner, we all know Troy loved him, but emmitt and micheal think the world of them too. Heck, they were even making fun of Shula (the O coordinator before Norv was hired)

Anyway, one of the funnys stories that came out was in the 3rd quarter of the 93 chamionship game vs the niners. When Troy got that real bad concussion. He said he was knocked silly, but came back to the huddle ran another play, then he came off the field to let the punt team get on. As he's coming off the field he see's Mark Stepknowski in street clothes and Troy starts yelling at him........"What the hell are you wearing street clothes for.......we have a big game here. What are you doing????

Well everyone in the world knew Stepnowski had knee surgery like 8 weeks earlier and has been in street clothes ever since, but since Troy was concussed, he didn't remember any of that. When he started yelling at Stepnoski, Stepnowski grabbed him and took him to the trainers and said........"This boy's mind ain't there"............

Troy told the story so that it was really funny.

Anyway, thats basically it.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Good stuff there, thanks for posting. One thing I am observing there though, is that Troy is the richest about the triplets, but he is one wearing the cheaper watch eh?:D

lkelly

Reaction score
Do head injuries explain Randy Galloway's columns?

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
Anyway, one of the funnys stories that came out was in the 3rd quarter of the 93 chamionship game vs the niners. When Troy got that real bad concussion. He said he was knocked silly, but came back to the huddle ran another play, then he came off the field to let the punt team get on. As he's coming off the field he see's Mark Stepknowski in street clothes and Troy starts yelling at him........"What the hell are you wearing street clothes for.......we have a big game here. What are you doing????

Well everyone in the world knew Stepnowski had knee surgery like 8 weeks earlier and has been in street clothes ever since, but since Troy was concussed, he didn't remember any of that. When he started yelling at Stepnoski, Stepnowski grabbed him and took him to the trainers and said........"This boy's mind ain't there"............

Troy told the story so that it was really funny.

Anyway, thats basically it.
That must have been right before he told them that the Super Bowl was supposed to be played in Henryetta that year...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Hope you have a great time. Also make sure you get that CAmera and Take as many Pictures as you Can.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's really great K2J. Glad you had a great time. Were you able to get any pics?

CowboyWay

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That's really great K2J. Glad you had a great time. Were you able to get any pics?

You know, I was so excited, I actually forgot my camera, I know it doesn't make much sense, but it happened. I took a couple pics with my cellphone, but I dont' for the life of me know how to download them. I'll go home tonight and read up about it so I can post them.

Also, I forgot one other thing that I noticed. I'm going to come across really judgemental here, but I happened to be standing right next Jean Jacque Taylor from the FWST when I was listening to the show, and as luck would have it I was sitted pretty close to him for the lunch and the triplets speaking................This guy came off as as real jerk. If I could read minds and read body language, this guy seemed to really be hating the attention the triplets were getting. It was almost like he thought he was just too good to laugh or enjoy any of their stories, he just sat there or stood there with a look on his face like........."It shoulda been me". I found it quite disturbing really.

Hey, I played high school football too, and as much as I liked it, I wasn't very good, but I don't take it out on the pros today cause they made it and I didn't, but that was the vibe I got from him.

Just my $.02

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
You know, I was so excited, I actually forgot my camera, I know it doesn't make much sense, but it happened. I took a couple pics with my cellphone, but I dont' for the life of me know how to download them. I'll go home tonight and read up about it so I can post them.

Also, I forgot one other thing that I noticed. I'm going to come across really judgemental here, but I happened to be standing right next Jean Jacque Taylor from the FWST when I was listening to the show, and as luck would have it I was sitted pretty close to him for the lunch and the triplets speaking................This guy came off as as real jerk. If I could read minds and read body language, this guy seemed to really be hating the attention the triplets were getting. It was almost like he thought he was just too good to laugh or enjoy any of their stories, he just sat there or stood there with a look on his face like........."It shoulda been me". I found it quite disturbing really.

Hey, I played high school football too, and as much as I liked it, I wasn't very good, but I don't take it out on the pros today cause they made it and I didn't, but that was the vibe I got from him.

Just my $.02
no pic?
i dont believe you went...

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
That must have been right before he told them that the Super Bowl was supposed to be played in Henryetta that year...

:laugh2:

Remember that.

And then Bernie Kosar came in and played very well. Dallas had some very good backup quarterbacks.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Chief said:
:laugh2:

Remember that.

And then Bernie Kosar came in and played very well. Dallas had some very good backup quarterbacks.

You must mean AFTER we got rid of Babe Laughingstock.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
kobe2jail said:

That is great.....congrats and hope you had a great time! :starspin