CFZ Cowboys save the season for now

Diehardblues

Reaction score
While this wasn’t officially a must win game , in all practical purposes it was as close as that could be in October after reeling from a demoralizing blowout in SF and an embarrassing loss in AZ.

Those losses created this heighten sense of urgency to avoid losing 3 out of 4 and falling to 3-3 heading into our bye which would have created a sense the season was on the verge of collapse.

But now we can sense a great sigh of relief. After the Sunday upsets we are only a game back in the division and while still having some issue to work out , especially on offense , we pulled out a tough road win against a playoff team from last year.

The Chargers also provided our defense a test against a closer to Elite type QB which they passed the test for the most part only giving up17 points which 7 came after a controversial muffed punt which certainly appeared to be interference.

Offense came out much more effective and didn’t turn the ball over. There were some missed opportunities and their pre snap penalties still a problem , but they stayed resilient and ultimately made the plays and scored when needed.

Ultimately this was a much needed victory and we can enjoy the time off to mend some lingering injuries and continue working out some kinks. Everything we had set our goals for is still in front of us .

shabazz

Reaction score
I saw 3 of the things I've been waiting to see happen this season.

The appearance of Brandon Cooks
Gilmore making a big play
Prescott using his legs for important gains against the 31st ranked pass defense in the league

Well Done!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw 3 of the things I've been waiting to see happen this season.

The appearance of Brandon Cooks
Gilmore making a big play
Prescott using his legs for important gains against the 31st ranked pass defense in the league

Well Done!
I give the head coach a little bit of credit. It’s hard to change from what you think is going to work. To what you should be doing because of the players abilities.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While this wasn’t officially a must win game , in all practical purposes it was as close as that could be in October after reeling from a demoralizing blowout in SF and an embarrassing loss in AZ.

Those losses created this heighten sense of urgency to avoid losing 3 out of 4 and falling to 3-3 heading into our bye which would have created a sense the season was on the verge of collapse.

But now we can sense a great sigh of relief. After the Sunday upsets we are only a game back in the division and while still having some issue to work out , especially on offense , we pulled out a tough road win against a playoff team from last year.

The Chargers also provided our defense a test against a closer to Elite type QB which they passed the test for the most part only giving up17 points which 7 came after a controversial muffed punt which certainly appeared to be interference.

Offense came out much more effective and didn’t turn the ball over. There were some missed opportunities and their pre snap penalties still a problem , but they stayed resilient and ultimately made the plays and scored when needed.

Ultimately this was a much needed victory and we can enjoy the time off to mend some lingering injuries and continue working out some kinks. Everything we had set our goals for is still in front of us .
It was such a sloppy first half. One of the referees was pouting his lips, after calling a penalty on the charges. Like I didn’t want to, but oh well. But he had no problem calling them consistently against Dallas. I don’t buy into the propaganda referees don’t like us. But this game was pretty obvious that he didn’t.

Flamma

Reaction score
This game made me question why I watch the NFL. It was that bad. Holding on run plays, lining up in the neutral zone, dumbest penalties possible. altogether a penalty bonanza!!

Then the game should have been over with a Bland pick six, but he lets it go through his hands. Then that leads to a Leon Lett type disaster that gives the Chargers a first down at our 20. Are you kidding me? And how the hell do you not call fair catch interference? That Charger wasn't pushed into Turpin. He was doing the pushing, and he hit Turpin. What am I missing here?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This game made me question why I watch the NFL. It was that bad. Holding on run plays, lining up in the neutral zone, dumbest penalties possible. altogether a penalty bonanza!!

Then the game should have been over with a Bland pick six, but he lets it go through his hands. Then that leads to a Leon Lett type disaster that gives the Chargers a first down at our 20. Are you kidding me? And how the hell do you not call fair catch interference? That Charger wasn't pushed into Turpin. He was doing the pushing, and he hit Turpin. What am I missing here?
I’m surprised we haven’t heard more about what should have been interference on muffed punt.