Cowboys-Seahawks was Prime Video’s most-watched game with 15.26 million viewers

Plankton

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-most-watched-game-with-15-26-million-viewers

The Cowboys always deliver large TV audiences, and a prime time game with playoff implications drew the largest audience ever for Prime Video.
Thursday night’s Cowboys-Seahawks game drew 15.26 million viewers, making it the most-watched game in the history of the Prime Video platform. It was also the most-streamed NFL game ever.
Although the NFL was built on over-the-air television, streaming is going to be an increasingly large part of the league’s future, with its long-term deal with Amazon to put Thursday Night Football on Prime Video. The league will also have a regular-season game streaming exclusively on Peacock with Bills-Chargers on Saturday, December 23, and a wild card game streaming exclusively on Peacock on Saturday, January 13.
Increasingly, fans are comfortable with streaming as their only choice to see a game — and for some cord-cutting fans, it’s actually more convenient to watch a game on a streaming platform than on traditional network television or cable. When streaming games can draw 15 million viewers, it’s an indication that streaming has truly arrived as a way to watch live sports.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe this explains the stream quality issues.....

Praxit

Reaction score
jerry-jones-cowboys.gif

Praxit

Reaction score
Interesting is that when I watch on Prime I normally never have a buffering problem but this week it was occasional. A lot of traffic on the servers.
..yep, same here. I guess Amazon servers were under duress with Dallas fans pouring through...lol..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-most-watched-game-with-15-26-million-viewers

The Cowboys always deliver large TV audiences, and a prime time game with playoff implications drew the largest audience ever for Prime Video.
Thursday night’s Cowboys-Seahawks game drew 15.26 million viewers, making it the most-watched game in the history of the Prime Video platform. It was also the most-streamed NFL game ever.
Although the NFL was built on over-the-air television, streaming is going to be an increasingly large part of the league’s future, with its long-term deal with Amazon to put Thursday Night Football on Prime Video. The league will also have a regular-season game streaming exclusively on Peacock with Bills-Chargers on Saturday, December 23, and a wild card game streaming exclusively on Peacock on Saturday, January 13.
Increasingly, fans are comfortable with streaming as their only choice to see a game — and for some cord-cutting fans, it’s actually more convenient to watch a game on a streaming platform than on traditional network television or cable. When streaming games can draw 15 million viewers, it’s an indication that streaming has truly arrived as a way to watch live sports.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe this explains the stream quality issues.....
NFL officials, please take note of this before calling more phantom holds on our team or giving our opponent a favorable spot like you did in our last game against Philly. Dallas' success equals ratings. Thanks.

jwitten82

Reaction score
NFL officials, please take note of this before calling more phantom holds on our team or giving our opponent a favorable spot like you did in our last game against Philly. Dallas' success equals ratings. Thanks.
Lol you don't think they know that?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dallas will get the calls against Philly to make sure there's more drama down the stretch. NFL knows that the division is over if Philly wins.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Lol you don't think they know that?
NFL officials? I don't think they know much of anything.

NFL owners? I don't think they care. They are making a lot of money no matter what and are a petty lot. It may be in the league's best interest for the Cowboys to succeed, but team owners would rather lose some money than tell officials to "go easy" on Dallas so they can get richer.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Dallas will get the calls against Philly to make sure there's more drama down the stretch. NFL knows that the division is over if Philly wins.
I'll believe that when I see it. ... Realistically, I just want the game called fairly, with no official advantage for anyone.

Swanny

Reaction score
Dallas failure creates just as much ratings.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
If there was 15.26 million viewers, each one pays $15 for prime every month. That's 228 million Amazon is banking every month, that's wild. That's not counting the subscribers that didn't watch.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
If there was 15.26 million viewers, each one pays $15 for prime every month. That's 228 million Amazon is banking every month, that's wild. That's not counting the subscribers that didn't watch.
I'm sure we're some trial members

gimmesix

Reaction score
Dallas failure creates just as much ratings.
The team has to be good for anyone to care about its failures. Its higher ratings have come in years when the team was a contender. Mediocre Dallas isn't even any fun for other fans to watch. We're getting the highest ratings ever or in years for networks this year because we're good ... whether you want to watch because you're a fan of the team or want to see it fail.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm sure we're some trial members
That's how I did it. Had to order some Christmas presents and did a free trial knowing that I'd get to see the Cowboys game.

Swanny

Reaction score
The team has to be good for anyone to care about its failures. Its higher ratings have come in years when the team was a contender. Mediocre Dallas isn't even any fun for other fans to watch. We're getting the highest ratings ever or in years for networks this year because we're good ... whether you want to watch because you're a fan of the team or want to see it fail.
Dallas hasn't been good in a long long time. Usually you're correct but not when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. How the Dallas Cowboys are still the most popular and most valuable sports franchise is wild with how bad they have been for nearly 30 years.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Cowboys are the needle. Always have been, always will be. Eagles and others never will be.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't been good in a long long time. Usually you're correct but not when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. How the Dallas Cowboys are still the most popular and most valuable sports franchise is wild with how bad they have been for nearly 30 years.
12-5 two years in a row. Bad is the Jets, Detroit, and many others over the past 30 years.