Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign 7th round pick Matt Farniok

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think he has a legitimate shot to make the 53 with our sad sack bunch of sad sacks.

He's probably battling Knight and the possibility of re-signing Looney...

Means very little but I like the fact he's a big OG with outstanding athletic numbers relative to other OG prospects..

Plankton

Reaction score
Steal of a deal.

Didn't we use to sign our guys days before TC?

Seems early even with the contracts already almost set in stone

I think a lot of guys may opt to not participate in mini camp without a contract, even though the team is generally supposed to do right by them in the event of an injury.

conner01

Reaction score
He's probably battling Knight and the possibility of re-signing Looney...

Means very little but I like the fact he's a big OG with outstanding athletic numbers relative to other OG prospects..
I don’t see how he’s battling knight but he may be battling a Looney signing
I see MCGovern battling Williams at guard which could be an interesting battle. The loser will be battling for a spot on active roster because if they can’t be swing G/C they won’t likely be active
This kid has an outside chance of being the G/C swing guy but he’s gonna have to have a heck of a camp or he won’t be on the 53

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He’s a G/C
Why would he push Knight who is a tackle
They always claimed Knight was probably going to be a OG but then they needed him at OT. Now that they have Steele and Ball they seem willing to move him to OG now.

conner01

Reaction score
They always claimed Knight was probably going to be a OG but then they needed him at OT. Now that they have Steele and Ball they seem willing to move him to OG now.
He played better at tackle than Steele did by a long shot
Steele improved the more he played but Knight played decent at L and R tackle
I’d leave him at tackle and he could very well be the swing tackle next year if not win the job in camp this year

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Steal of a deal.

Didn't we use to sign our guys days before TC?

Seems early even with the contracts already almost set in stone
No, I think most draft picks have typically been signed well in advance of training camp. The few that were signed close to the start of training camp are the minority, and generally higher draft picks..

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He played better at tackle than Steele did by a long shot
Steele improved the more he played but Knight played decent at L and R tackle
I’d leave him at tackle and he could very well be the swing tackle next year if not win the job in camp this year

Well the hope is the guy they just spent a 4th rounder on Ball, who supposedly has 2nd/3rd round talent minus character concerns, will AT LEAST be your 4th OT behind Nseke. Maybe they look to save money and cut Nseke after training camp if the starters are healthy and Ball appears to be up for the challenge as the main swing Tackle.