Twitter: Cowboys Special Teams rankings over the past two seasons

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
This entire coaching staff is a bunch of Garrett Lame Duck Season spares. Who is the position coach getting the most out of his group? I guess Kitna is doing great work with Dak. Maybe Sanjay Lal? Although the WRs have been dropping some passes this year too.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Some of ya’ll laughed at me when I told the story of how O’quinn didn’t even know how change a flat tire when he was a coach at Hardin-Simon University. True story.

‘As long as he can coach special teams who cares’ was someone’s response.

How do y’all feel about the genius now?

Zordon

Reaction score
Imagine Real Madrid or the New York Yankees allowing this type of incompetence. We have a meathead destroying 1/3rd of the team and nobody in the franchise seems to care.

8075067.png

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Man, how is that possible with Tony Pollard, Tavon Fair Catch Austin, Randall Cobb, Ventell Bryant (who's a good gunner), and Chris Jones on this team?

JBS

Reaction score
I bet our punt return unit walks through the locker room w their chests puffed out

morat1959

Reaction score
This is false info. No way we’re ranked this low with Heath on ST. I read it daily about how great he is on ST.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Doesn't Jones usually short punt to keep it inside the opponents 20? That is when he's able to get in that range.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ST rankings like this are stupid because they're entirely defined by outliers. Like...32nd in blocked kicks? Block 1 and you move up like 20 spots lmao.

You either have good kickers and punters or you don't.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Let's see. Realistically in the offseason we need to fire: Maher, Richard, Chris Jones, O'Quinn, Rod, and most of all, Garrett.
We need to shop for: DT's, 1T's, Punter, Kicker, O-Linemen, Safety, and maybe another CB or DB? We may need 2 drafts and 2 offseasons to truly bring this team together...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Some of ya’ll laughed at me when I told the story of how O’quinn didn’t even know how change a flat tire when he was a coach at Hardin-Simon University. True story.

‘As long as he can coach special teams who cares’ was someone’s response.

How do y’all feel about the genius now?

I don't remember that, but it isn't like not knowing how to change a flat tire correlates with coaching. If we want to say that everyone who doesn't know how to change a flat tire isn't intelligent, then there are a lot of stupid people out there.

O'Quinn's problem is that he doesn't specialize in special teams. He's a former scout and quality control/offensive assistant coach. Nothing in his resume says that he could coach special teams. He's a square peg that the Dallas staff pounded into a round hole.