Cowboys Stadium Exterior Screens

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
They showed the screens on the side of Cowboys Stadium several times during the broadcast today. It had the appearance that they were actually up and working, but I'm not sure if it was one of those Fox graphics or not.

I remember that Jerry had decided not to actually put screens on the outside because of the sun and picture quality. Have they added them after all this year? Or is it still just that blank panel?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has actually been there this year.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
I wouldn't know for sure, but they did look like the FoX graphics to me

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CowboyMike;3754044 said:
They showed the screens on the side of Cowboys Stadium several times during the broadcast today. It had the appearance that they were actually up and working, but I'm not sure if it was one of those Fox graphics or not.

I remember that Jerry had decided not to actually put screens on the outside because of the sun and picture quality. Have they added them after all this year? Or is it still just that blank panel?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has actually been there this year.

yeah those are not working.

I didnt see the tv broadcast yet, but I assume its just a graphic from fox.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Which screens are we talking about? I know they have screens working outside on the sides with the end zones.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3754375 said:
Which screens are we talking about? I know they have screens working outside on the sides with the end zones.
Yep. and they were there last year when I went to the SD game.

...maybe they are just off during the game so party pass owners have to go inside? When I was there they were just showing the early game but I didn't notice while the Boys were playing.

ETex

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3754375 said:

I believe they're talking about the screens on the sides of the stadium that were never built. In their place is a huge concrete surface on which I'm guessing Fox used as a backdrop for some graphics. I didn't watch the game on TV (I was there) :)

The city of Arlington wouldn't allow them to build the screens as it would have created to big a distraction to motorists on Division, Stadium Drive and all the surrounding streets.

ETex

Reaction score
Future;3754418 said:
Yep. and they were there last year when I went to the SD game.

...maybe they are just off during the game so party pass owners have to go inside? When I was there they were just showing the early game but I didn't notice while the Boys were playing.

The endzone screens are on during the entire game, thank God. Gives us smokers the ability to still watch the game whilst we kill ourselves. :p:

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
ETex;3754466 said:
The endzone screens are on during the entire game, thank God. Gives us smokers the ability to still watch the game whilst we kill ourselves. :p:
I predict you will quit smoking cold turkey one day. :D

Don Corleone

Reaction score
ETex;3754461 said:
I believe they're talking about the screens on the sides of the stadium that were never built. In their place is a huge concrete surface on which I'm guessing Fox used as a backdrop for some graphics. I didn't watch the game on TV (I was there) :)

The city of Arlington wouldn't allow them to build the screens as it would have created to big a distraction to motorists on Division, Stadium Drive and all the surrounding streets.

That is one reason, but perhaps JJ ran out of money?? Those screens would be huge, and would command a pretty penny I'm sure.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Don Corleone;3754975 said:
That is one reason, but perhaps JJ ran out of money?? Those screens would be huge, and would command a pretty penny I'm sure.

That's what I thought I read and understand too, money was getting tight, 30 Million for the video boards, so he scrapped the boards on the outside of the stadium. There was talk about placing some type of art there, it's kind of ugly having nothing there, looks incomplete.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
an example of that they did. they simply projected an image where there was none.

http://img683.*************/img683/7339/skin2t.jpg

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Thanks folks. I was just wondering.

It's a shame we have these big concrete slabs on the side of the stadium for no reason now. If they had known in advance that they weren't going to do the screens, perhaps they could have just put windows in its place or something.

I hope they eventually do something with them in the future.

WG5516

Reaction score
I think the bigger question should be where are our championship banners? Also maybe those blanks slabs will be where they place the naming rights when they make that deal.

xpistofer

Reaction score
CowboyMike;3755341 said:
Thanks folks. I was just wondering.

It's a shame we have these big concrete slabs on the side of the stadium for no reason now. If they had known in advance that they weren't going to do the screens, perhaps they could have just put windows in its place or something.

I hope they eventually do something with them in the future.

As soon as they have a stadium sponsor those spaces will be filled up...

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
xpistofer;3755376 said:
As soon as they have a stadium sponsor those spaces will be filled up...

Rumor has it a deal is being inked for a stadium sponsor very soon. The agreement is already in place. Please don't let it be the Whataburger Dome.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I was at the stadium a couple of games ago and there are no screens in place, just huge concrete slabs.

It looks freaking terrible, like they ran out of money and had to scrap it altogether. Maybe there will be a huge logo there once the stadium has a sponser.

ETex

Reaction score
One of the most visible alterations is the exterior video screen planned for each side of the stadium. Those will probably be moved to the end zone plazas, where there’s expected to be corporate tents and special events.
“There will be bands. There will be a lot of people congregating in corporate tents,” Mr. Williams said. “It will be a lot like the Corral is currently at Texas Stadium.”
With that atmosphere, he said, it makes more sense to have the video screens there.

Linky = http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedc...dium/stories/053108dnmetstadium.43152dae.html