Cowboys Team Doctor for the 60s and 70s

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wow, I just found out the founder of this company was the Cowboys team doctor back in the day. He is reallly good friend with Rayfield Wright. He was even invited to Canton.

He said Landry really cared about the players and that they had no nonsense like with TO bringin in their own doctors. "Steve"(Stephen Jones) told him they had been dealign with that for 15 years but he laughed and said yea right after I left. Said Meredith and Wright were his faves because eh worked with them alot to stay healthy. Said he loved Lilly but he never did much with him medically, Lilly was just tough. Said Landry never steered him at all towards playing guys injured but he would peak in on Meredith and act nonchalant.

Anyways the fella has some good stories I'll try to drag out of him when he visits.

His name is Dr. Garvey.

joseephuss

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Wow, I just found out the founder of this company was the Cowboys team doctor back in the day. He is reallly good friend with Rayfield Wright. He was even invited to Canton.

He said Landry really cared about the players and that they had no nonsense like with TO bringin in their own doctors. "Steve"(Stephen Jones) told him they had been dealign with that for 15 years but he laughed and said yea right after I left. Said Meredith and Wright were his faves because eh worked with them alot to stay healthy. Said he loved Lilly but he never did much with him medically, Lilly was just tough. Said Landry never steered him at all towards playing guys injured but he would peak in on Meredith and act nonchalant.

Anyways the fella has some good stories I'll try to drag out of him when he visits.

His name is Dr. Garvey.

Players in those days couldn't afford to bring their own doctors and trainers in.

Pretty cool by the way.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Pump this guy for all you can and report back- the inside stuff he knows you are not going to find anywhere else now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell said:

His name is Dr. Garvey.
You work for Skip Garvey?