News: Cowboys' Terrance Williams: Said he suffered sprained AC joint

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys' Terrance Williams: Said he suffered sprained AC joint
by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/DAL/dallas-cowboys

Williams said he suffered a sprained AC joint in his shoulder during Sunday's win over the Bengals, Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News reports.

Although he left Sunday's game during the second half, Williams expects to be fine going forward, after catching all five of his targets for 70 yards against the Bengals. While his early optimism is a good sign, it's possible his shoulder will be quite stiff/sore Monday morning, so his Week 6 availability can't be assumed. There's also some chance Dez Bryant (knee) will return, which would bring an end to Williams' temporarily boost in value. The Cowboys do have a favorable matchup against a currently banged-up Green Bay secondary.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys' Lance Dunbar: Expected to miss Week 6
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

DAL.png

Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones said Dunbar (knee) will not play in Week 6 against the Packers, Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News reports.

This strongly suggests Dunbar never had a shot to play in Sunday's game against Cincinnati, even though he was listed as questionable on the final injury report. Jones said there isn't any long-term concern about the receiving back's knee, but the Cowboys' owner hasn't exactly been accurate/forthcoming with injury information this season. Dunbar will apparently miss a second straight game due to an unspecified injury in his surgically-repaired knee. His absence could free up a few more snaps and targets for Ezekiel Elliott, who exploded for 171 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's 28-14 win over Cincinnati, including three catches for 37 yards on four targets.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys' Lance Dunbar: Expected to miss Week 6
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

DAL.png

Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones said Dunbar (knee) will not play in Week 6 against the Packers, Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News reports.

This strongly suggests Dunbar never had a shot to play in Sunday's game against Cincinnati, even though he was listed as questionable on the final injury report. Jones said there isn't any long-term concern about the receiving back's knee, but the Cowboys' owner hasn't exactly been accurate/forthcoming with injury information this season. Dunbar will apparently miss a second straight game due to an unspecified injury in his surgically-repaired knee. His absence could free up a few more snaps and targets for Ezekiel Elliott, who exploded for 171 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's 28-14 win over Cincinnati, including three catches for 37 yards on four targets.

Sounds like a switcheroo of Dunbar for McFadden is on the horizon. We've gotten our four weeks of Dunbar for the season already.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Williams was very sure handed (bodied) yesterday. Did well in traffic too, hope he's ok.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much mailgned as T-Will is, we're a better with him. I hope he can play Sunday.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Heard brad sham say during the broadcast yesterday that williams was 124 yards behind alvin harpers career total as a cowboy.

at least I think that is what he said, it was hard to hear and I haven't looked up the numbers myself.

Edit, I looked it up. Williams is now 53 yards short of harpers totals and 1 td short.

All the talk about how williams can't catch or whatever. I think he needs a new deal.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Williams was very sure handed (bodied) yesterday. Did well in traffic too, hope he's ok.

We seemed to use him on a lot of in-breaking routes and he was able to beat the corners to the inside. Real good game for him.

I think the thing with Williams is he's a lot like Alvin Harper in that he's strictly a No. 2 receiver. He took advantage of Cincy's coverage because they didn't treat him like he was a No. 1 receiver. They gave him a lot of single coverage because they didn't feel he was much of a threat.

What hurt him last year in the time that Bryant was gone is he was played by teams a lot as the No. 1 receiver, which allowed them to take him out of the game. Of course, he also was hurt by having Weeden and Cassel throwing passes.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are 4-1 with rookie quarterback Dak Prescott, who has yet to throw an interception, under center. But it looks like Tony Romo's rehab is progressing well, and there's a question as to who will be the Cowboys starting quarterback moving forward.

Jerry Jones made it perfectly clear whom he would start.

"Tony is our No. 1 quarterback. We're going to have the luxury of being able to, I think, see them both," Jones said Sunday, via the team's website. "I don't want to presume that Dak is going to be necessarily healthy, I don't want to presume anything like that. But I welcome the opportunity of having Dak playing at this level and Tony back in excellent health. It's going to be really special for the Cowboys."

Jones also said that Romo will have an MRI on Monday and expects to hear some good news...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...main-starting-qb-to-have-mri-on-monday-100916