Cowboys: Trade up, Trade Down, Stay where we are?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
So it looks like we will have around the 24th pick (Highest Seed loss as Wildcard in new system I believe) odds are we will make it as a WC team but lose, the odds are that way so for this "fantasy trade up, or down" use that logic.

This is going to be one of the deepest drafts in a LONG time, in return next year will be one of the lightest, should we give up our 24th pick out 2nd round pick and 3rd and enter the top 5 to get a eric berry or another Elite Draft Pick? or should we trade out of the first and second rounds and add depth to our roster with alot of picks?

I would trade the 24th down to early second round and add on a 3rd and 4th round pick, when the 2nd round pick comes trade it down and keep adding picks until we get to our 2nd round pick, and our overall logic is trade down whenever a decent offer comes.

What would your logic be?/ What would you do?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3060409 said:
Not for any player.

That was an example, using the Jets as an example, 1st round 2nd round and 3 players to move to #5.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
This is a year where we want as many picks as we can get. Projected real good draft, and we are already down a fith rounder. Stay where we are and hopefully pick up some players. Would not be oposed to tradeing a 3rd or 4th from next year for an extra pick or 2 for this year, as alot of juniors are looking to come out this year before the CBA gets changed next year.

rkell87

Reaction score
****! we are gonna lose another playoff game?! well damn it all, i guess ill see yall next year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3060681 said:
If we were one player away maybe but we need help at many positions.

We need depth at positions. Thats what this past draft was for and we just caught some bad luck with injuries.

So next year I feel like if Dallas wants to move up and get someone they think will be a bigtime contributor than I am all for moving up in the draft.