Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints 2nd half thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Just sad. You know they are going to run and the next will put you in the history books and this is what you do

ftghb

Reaction score
i'm actually going to watch that drama-***** skip bayless 2m and listen to him spit his drivel....because however many bad things he says about the cowboys, we deserve it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
For any happy fans who want to feel good, feel free to predict a win next week. Should make you feel better.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Injuries are part of life in the NFL. The year the Packers won it all, they had 15 guys on IR.

It is what it is.

Come on SC. We have had like 17 new faces on the DL this year. No one else comes close. Not even last year was this bad. Not even near it. The D is effecting the O but that's not the whole story there either. You can't have a game plan when you can't run and you get behind two or three scores. Then you are one dimensional. That's not all of it either.

It's a mess.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well it will be in New Orleans in a little bit... Going to look for Jones or garret to make them a hood ornament ...

The hood ornament is bit over the top but you could take them for a ride and scare the crap out of them.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Come on SC. We have had like 17 new faces on the DL this year. No one else comes close. Not even last year was this bad. Not even near it. The D is effecting the O but that's not the whole story there either. You can't have a game plan when you can't run and you get behind two or three scores. Then you are one dimensional. That's not all of it either.

It's a mess.

Injuries are so devastating to this team because they lack quality depth, and they lack quality depth because they don't bring in enough quality talent. Has the organization hit on some players in recent years? Yes, absolutely. Unfortunately, there have been far too many whiffs.

If there's anything I've learned during my time on this board, it's that there will always be reasons--valid ones--to lose. There will always be injuries. There will always be bounces and calls that don't go your way. There will always be hostile environments to play in. And the other team will always have a player or two who's just "too darn good."

But I've also learned that quality NFL organizations have the ability to overcome those issues. To whom was Tom Brady throwing at the beginning of the year? Have you seen the Packers' injury list over the past few seasons? Did you see the Ravens limp into the playoffs last year? Did you look at the Saints' defensive roster tonight? Was it full of all pros?

Winning in the NFL is hard. I get that. It's so hard I can't fathom it. But I can fathom supply and demand. The demand for winning in the NFL is much greater than the supply of players and coaches capable of winning at a high level. That's why they get paid the GDPs of small nations. They aren't paid to sit at home come playoff time and talk about how they just had "too many darn injuries". If that's what Jerry wanted, he could hire me as coach and I would work a lot cheaper than Garrett.

The team's record is mediocre because the organization is mediocre. That's the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.