Cowboys will learn even more about their OTs this weekend

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As if they didn't already know how good Free is and how bad Columbo is, now they get a full 60 minutes of FREENEY and MATHIS.

I know what I expect from Columbo...he'll need help.

I just hope Free doesn't take a step backwards and raise more questions.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
alot of players struggle vs freeney he basically pass rushes every play run or not.

CoCo

Reaction score
I must say that I am curious about our O-line play the rest of the year. Not suggesting they are suddenly a strength and they certainly have their moments or stretches of bad play but we've been able to manage around their weakness to have a respectable offense for 3 weeks running now.

I must confess I am a bit surprised by that with Kitna back there.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think Free will be ok. Colombo will probably get some help as someone suggested. They will give up a few sacks but they will do ok. It's our defense that worries me. Our pass rush is more problematic.

brickman

Reaction score
jobberone;3726490 said:
I think Free will be ok. Colombo will probably get some help as someone suggested. They will give up a few sacks but they will do ok. It's our defense that worries me. Our pass rush is more problematic.

I tend to agree about the pass rush. It makes our DBs very vulnerable.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
The O-line needs to get some Nasty going against the Colts. I think the Colts team is not a "tough" team. Hell, they may be less tough then the Cowboys.

Get the Nasty going, and it could turn out to be a game. Come out flat. Peyton and Co. are gonna walk all over them.

burmafrd

Reaction score
will be interesting to see how Free does against Freeny. The Hotel did not seem to have much trouble every time we played the Colts.

basstapp

Reaction score
I think the other side of the ball, there line is pretty terrible as well so ware and spencer and ratliff should have a pretty good day.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
According to Houck both of the Dallas tackles will need help. Not really surprising given Freeney's motor and speed.
I'm sure they will at least chip early if not double him.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll slide help both ways at times. Free may be slightly more effective against speed rushers than bull rushers, but it's not dramatic.

His worst game was against Aaron Kampman, I think - Kampman's a complete pass rusher (or was with two working legs) with a pretty good roster of speed and bull rush moves.

After that, Umenyiora seemed to have some success against him. He's fast for a big dude, but I think his best moves are power moves to the inside.

Will be interesting to see, especially with Kitna back there.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Doug Free's a good tackle regardless of Sunday imo. Dwight Freeney once made the great Jonathan Ogden look like Jacob Rogers in a game. It happens, especially when the Colts are at home.

Reaction score
parcells316;3727197 said:
Doug Free's a good tackle regardless of Sunday imo. Dwight Freeney once made the great Jonathan Ogden look like Jacob Rogers in a game. It happens, especially when the Colts are at home.

Yep...