COWBOYSNUM1'S 1st attempt at a Cowboys mock draft

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
This is my 1st try at a mock draft, so let me know what you think.

RD1: Robert Meacham WR Tenn
RD2: Tony Ugoh OT Ark
RD3: Paul Soliai DT Utah
RD4: Zak DeOssie ILB Brown
RD5: LeRon McClain FB Ala
RD6: Michael Coe CB Ala St.
RD6: Tim Ducksworth OG Auburn
RD7: Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
RD7: John Cornish RB Kansas
Rd7: Craig Kahl S N. Dakota St.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
i cant comment much on the personnel but it seems to cover alot of the key areas ...except pass rush? but, then again, some people seem to feel that bringing philips in alone might do wonders for our pass rush - i hope so.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taking a FB before a corner? Hmm.

No pass rush support? Hmm.

A safety? Hmm.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
who is craig kahl

some background info on him please...some stats too

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
lostinomiya;1460628 said:
i cant comment much on the personnel but it seems to cover alot of the key areas ...except pass rush? but, then again, some people seem to feel that bringing philips in alone might do wonders for our pass rush - i hope so.

MichaelWinicki;1460645 said:
Taking a FB before a corner? Hmm.

No pass rush support? Hmm.

A safety? Hmm.
Did you guys both miss Brian Robison? The guy put up unreal numbers at the Combine (better than Ware's) and apparently has a non-stop motor on the field. His college production wasn't spectacular in '06, partly because he lost some playing time due to injuries. However, he had his best games against his best competition (against Alex Boone, a future 1st round tackle out of Ohio State, he put up 4 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 tackles for loss). Robison is easily the most underrated player in the draft.

Biggems;1461974 said:
who is craig kahl

Must be an error, because there's no such person that's ever existed.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Biggems;1461974 said:
who is craig kahl

I think he means Craig DAHL...

Strong safety for North Dakota State, he goes 6-1, 215 pounds... ran a 4.53 and a 4.54 40 at his Pro Day workouts... in 43 games played (the last 3 seasons as a starter), he had 238 total tackles, 7 ints, 2 sacks, 11 passes broken up, 2 forced fumbles and 2 blocked kicks...

Decent size, decent speed, but he didn't seem to make a lot of plays in college...

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
silverbear;1462014 said:
I think he means Craig DAHL...

Strong safety for North Dakota State, he goes 6-1, 215 pounds... ran a 4.53 and a 4.54 40 at his Pro Day workouts... in 43 games played (the last 3 seasons as a starter), he had 238 total tackles, 7 ints, 2 sacks, 11 passes broken up, 2 forced fumbles and 2 blocked kicks...

Decent size, decent speed, but he didn't seem to make a lot of plays in college...
Thanks Bear, :bow: I did mean Craig Dahl. Sorry about that, Here is his scouting report.

playerscoutingreport.gif

Safety | Senior | North Dakota St.

Craig Dahl Height: 6-15/8 | Weight: 216 | 40-Time: 4.61

craigdahl.jpg

Official Bio

one.gif
Strengths:
Great size and bulk...Active and aggressive...Smart and has great instincts for the game...A reliable tackler...Intense and loves football...Tough and durable...Has a lot of special teams potential...A good athlete...Solid versus the run...Productive.

Weaknesses:
Timed speed is only average...Lacks quickness and a burst...Does not have fluid hips...Range is limited...Did not play against top competition...Has some trouble in coverage and does not have a lot of experience dropping back...Upside is limited.

Notes:
Also competed in track for the Bison as a hurdler...Really good Division I-AA player with okay measurables but stands out because of his intangibles...Probably won't be much more than a backup and special teams ace but he may excel in that role.
Career Statistics
Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
2003 10-24--0---1----0
2004 11-82--5---3---52
2005 11-71--2---1----0
2006 11-61--4---2----3
Totals 43-238-11-7---55

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/craigdahl.html