CowboysZone Celebrity Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 274)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post your thoughts of the tournament round-by-round in this thread. Here is the tournament schedule:

Round 1: Saturday June 20 - Sunday June 21
Sweet 16: Monday June 22 - Tuesday June 23
Elite 8: Wednesday June 23
Final Four: Thursday June 24
Championship: Friday June 25

Who will be the #1 celebrity out of these 32 voted on by your fellow CowboysZone members? You decide!

Round-by-round final result links per region

Round 1: Wonder Woman | Katniss Everdeen | Coffy | Xena
Sweet 16: Wonder Woman/Coffy | Xena/Katniss Everdeen
Elite 8: Xena/Wonder Woman | Katniss Everdeen/Coffy
Final Four: Xena/Wonder Woman | Katniss Everdeen/Coffy
Championship: Xena/Katniss Everdeen

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
That Katniss Everdeen division is killer group. Alba vs,Jolie should be a very close call. That whole group is good. ...

That is like the Ole NFC CENTRAL when they were called "THE BLACK AND BLUE DIVISION . Lombardi's Packers Hornug,J .Taylor,Nitske,Starr taking on Bud Grant's Vikings with Tarkenton, Page,Eller,Marshall,. taking on the Lions with Karras,LeBeau,and Nightrain Lane and when you get through them you had to see the George Halas's Bears with Butkis & Sayers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tiebreaker Rule: All ties between 2 or more winners are decided by which celebrity has been searched for most on the internet over the past year.

Dictionary.com defines celebrity as, "a famous or well-known person." Google Trends allows comparisons of different terms and topics searched for on the internet. The tool shall be used in determining who internet users wanted to know most about in the past twelve months. The most googled celebrity will advance to the next round or declared champion.

Below are examples how tiebreakers and seeding order was determined in the balloting process that preceded this tournament. Click the celebrity names to see their search trend comparisons:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Where are you getting the bracket names from? I realize they're characters, but is there a particular reason Wonder Woman represents one group, and Katniss Everdeen represents another, or are they just selected randomly by hot female warriors?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the worst picture of Hiromi Oshima I've ever seen. I wouldn't even have recognized her. I had to read the name just to be sure it was her.
Critic. :p Sorry. Practically all of Oshima's (and the other @timb2 celebrities who made the tournament :rolleyes::) ) pictures I searched-and-found were bikini (or less) pics. And I wasn't cropping bikini pics, that's for sure. :muttley:

All images I use are square by dimensions. The images I did end up cropping contained less height--from top of head or hairline to mid chest--than the width of the pic itself. Those can be cropped and reduced in even dimensions.

Many photos posted on the internet are taken or cropped in portrait format and usually are close up of the head-to-upper thigh region or entire shot of the body. In other words, the worst pictures to crop are narrow and long. Understandably, Oshima has a LOT of pictures like those.

timb2

Reaction score
Critic. :p Sorry. Practically all of Oshima's (and the other @timb2 celebrities who made the tournament :rolleyes::) ) pictures I searched-and-found were bikini (or less) pics. And I wasn't cropping bikini pics, that's for sure. :muttley:

All images I use are square by dimensions. The images I did end up cropping contained less height--from top of head or hairline to mid chest--than the width of the pic itself. Those can be cropped and reduced in even dimensions.

Many photos posted on the internet are taken or cropped in portrait format and usually are close up of the head-to-upper thigh region or entire shot of the body. In other words, the worst pictures to crop are narrow and long. Understandably, Oshima has a LOT of pictures like those.
I see, you took too much time looking at those sexy bikini , lingerie , and partially naked pics. I DON'T BLAME YOU! I DID A LOT OF THAT MYSELF!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where are you getting the bracket names from? I realize they're characters, but is there a particular reason Wonder Woman represents one group, and Katniss Everdeen represents another, or are they just selected randomly by hot female warriors?
Just random choices. I was thinking about names for regions. North, South, etc., sounded blah. I remembered using real celebrity names for the NIT bracket but did want to re-use those or some others I considered.

Then I thought, "Why not character names instead?" Then I thought, "I like fictional female warriors." Boom. Xena popped into my head. Wonder Woman immediately afterwards. I was reminiscing about Pam Grier earlier and SHAZAM! Coffy hit me (anyone can sue me if they disagree :rolleyes::p ).

That left me with one more. I was a big Hunger Games fan and a previous Jennifer Lawrence pic I made for a previous tournament caught my eye while reviewing the images for the brackets. Yep. Katniss felt good and the rest was history.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see, you took too much time looking at those sexy bikini , lingerie , and partially naked pics. I DON'T BLAME YOU! I DID A LOT OF THAT MYSELF!!
Cute. You forced me to active Google's SafeSearch feature. How can a guy concentrate on 'suitable' images when his eyeballs are overloaded by Hustler magazine 24/7? :mad::laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Oh I'm not saying you posted that picture out of any type of bias or anything. I'm sure there aren't many usable pics of Hiromi.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just random choices. I was thinking about names for regions. North, South, etc., sounded blah. I remembered using real celebrity names for the NIT bracket but did want to re-use those or some others I considered.

Then I thought, "Why not character names instead?" Then I thought, "I like fictional female warriors." Boom. Xena popped into my head. Wonder Woman immediately afterwards. I was reminiscing about Pam Grier earlier and SHAZAM! Coffy hit me (anyone can sue me if they disagree :rolleyes::p ).

That left me with one more. I was a big Hunger Games fan and a previous Jennifer Lawrence pic I made for a previous tournament caught my eye while reviewing the images for the brackets. Yep. Katniss felt good and the rest was history.
I never really saw the Pam Grier thing a lot of guys do, though while I was Googling the movie Coffy, I did see one picture that gave me a little better understanding.
:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hiromi Oshima has a lot of Playboy pics especially her in pigtails and smiling. Oshima has a great smile

https://images.app.goo.gl/5LYLEQtK8ou9pKjx5
Add no Playboy bunny shots.

And my preference are images without embedded text like "Getty" in them. Especially not "Getty" shots. I aimed for royalty free pics. Not getting @Reality pissed off with me posting royalty fee use images on his site. :muttley:

That is a good example of my even dimensions for images requirement I have talked about before. That Oshima image's size is 397X612 pixels. I could have cropped it to what I thought looked good to 397X397, which would have been perfect for reduction to 250X250 (my standard size for posting images in these threads). One problem though, along with the Getty image of course.

It is a Playboy bunny shot. ;) Yeah yeah. I gots haters. :grin:

timb2

Reaction score
Oh shoot I was joking about that Dot. Com post I didnt think that was a real site. Sorry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.