Crayton's TD...

proline

Reaction score
I re-watched some of the game last night, and it struck me that on Crayton's TD, he seemed to push off as much or more than Witten did against Jax, but he got away with it (good for us!).

Just an observation .... Maybe somebody else saw that play differently?

Stautner

Reaction score
proline said:
I re-watched some of the game last night, and it struck me that on Crayton's TD, he seemed to push off as much or more than Witten did against Jax, but he got away with it (good for us!).

Just an observation .... Maybe somebody else saw that play differently?

I saw the contact and the same thought crossed my mind.

I haven't seen it again, but it did strike me that while Crayton may have bumped the DB and gained a little advantage, he kept his hands in more than Witten did and that may have been the difference.

The other thing is that Crayton's play took place on a short field with losts of bodies running around the end zone whereas Witten's was downfield without a lot of other distractions for the officials.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is no black and white description of offensive or defensive pass interference.

Its just a judgement call and thats why teams get screwed on PI week in week out.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
There was a slight difference in the two plays. Witten fully extended his arms whereas Crayton just gave a little shove but did not extend his arms. The thing is that Crayton with his short jabbing push probably hit the defender with more force and actually affected him more than Witten did. But it was the fully extended arms that drew the penalty. It was a subtle difference in appearance.