Crazy idea

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
what if, as soon as the draft is over, the coaches send the entire group of players to a marine bootcamp for 8 weeks? do you think that would toughen them up, both mentally and physically? do you think it would bring them closer together as a team? do you think it would help them with self accountability? do you think it would help them with their intensity issues?

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Better idea, let the team start sleeping at a holiday Inn Express before games

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Without naming names, there are several players on this team that wouldn't last one day.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tomson75;2393653 said:
Without naming names, there are several players on this team that wouldn't last one day.

I would like to name names, could be the only thing this thread is good for. I'll start, Greg Ellis.

stiletto

Reaction score
Biggems;2393624 said:
what if, as soon as the draft is over, the coaches send the entire group of players to a marine bootcamp for 8 weeks? do you think that would toughen them up, both mentally and physically? do you think it would bring them closer together as a team? do you think it would help them with self accountability? do you think it would help them with their intensity issues?

Isn't there a comic out there that says "You CAN'T Fix Stupid". I think that pretty much sums up this particular team. The #1 thing this team needs to do is jettison some of the dumb/lazy players. This team as it is Im afraid wont be able to win a championship. Certain players just don't seem to be in the right mindset and I'm not sure coaching can even help. Hell parcells had problems with some of these players. If we tank this season, I think they need to have a significant purge and replace. We need more people with balls on this team. Whatever they did to find Scandrick they need to use that process on every Free Agent and Rookie we target.....he's got the right mentality. Some of the other players we've gotten are worthless IMO.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I just wish everyone on our team played with Witten's toughness, Ware's consistency, Thomas' intensity, Barber's heart, and Romo's love of the game. For a sport that is largely defined by athleticism, I think that the intangibles are often overlooked in favor of sheer athletic ability. Some of our best players aren't athletic freaks (ok, Ware is) they're just football players.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
masomenos85;2394017 said:
I just wish everyone on our team played with Witten's toughness, Ware's consistency, Thomas' intensity, Barber's heart, and Romo's love of the game. For a sport that is largely defined by athleticism, I think that the intangibles are often overlooked in favor of sheer athletic ability. Some of our best players aren't athletic freaks (ok, Ware is) they're just football players.

I think the combine is largely to blame for this.....it focuses more on measurables and athletic gifts than what we see from 3-4 years of saturday film. You can't teach football instincts. You can't teach heart. You can't teach hunger. You can't teach fear, the fear of failure.