Crazy Mock from Foxsports

tm1119

Reaction score
they have a lot of players and a lot of players rising a lot.

MOCK DRAFT: Round 1
PickTeamPlayerPos.SchoolPreviousRising/FallingHigh/Low1.TexansReggie BushRBUSC1stSAME1st / 1st Scouts lump Bush among some of the all-time great running back talents, including LaDainian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, O.J. Simpson, and Gale Sayers. 2.SaintsMario WilliamsDEN.C. State5th
(+3)
2nd / 5th With the addition of Drew Brees, most around the league expect the Saints to go one of three ways with this pick. They can protect their investment with left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson, trade it or draft the player most teams feel is the second-best player available, defensive end Mario Williams. Charles Grant and Will Smith are already a formidable duo, but the Saints will take Williams if they feel he is the best player available. 3.TitansMatt LeinartQBUSC3rdSAME2nd / 3rd The stars seem to be aligning for the Norm Chow-Matt Leinart reunion. How often is it that the rookie quarterback might know the offense better than the Pro Bowl veteran? 4.JetsD'Brickashaw FergusonOTVirginia2nd
(-2)2nd / 6th The Jets can certainly explore other options with this pick, but with the addition of Patrick Ramsey as a cheap insurance policy at quarterback, the right move appears to be adding Ferguson. 5.PackersA.J. HawkLBOhio State5th
(+2)5th / 7th Looking for playmakers on both sides of the ball, there aren't many teams in better position than the Packers. They could have AJ Hawk, an immediate impact defender, fall into their lap. 6.49ersVernon DavisTEMaryland6thSAME6th / 10th For better or worse the 49ers' success is tied to quarterback Alex Smith. For Smith to improve in his sophomore season, he'll need weapons. Davis has a chance to be special. 7.RaidersMichael HuffDBTexas9th
(+2)7th / 11th Though a quarterback might appear tempting here, the Raiders drafted their prototype drop-back passer last year in Andrew Walter. Adding an impact defender would help them more. 8.BillsBrodrick BunkleyDTFlorida State8thSAME8th / 10th Bunkley continues to move up the charts and his combination of strength and burst off the snap makes him a great fit in the new Buffalo defensive scheme. 9.LionsWinston JusticeOTUSC15th
(+6)9th / 16th With three veteran quarterbacks on the roster and many of the impact defenders off the board, the Lions might finally be in position to address the offensive line. Justice could be conceived as a bit of a reach here, but he would present a better pass blocking option than current starting right tackle Kelly Butler. 10.CardinalsJay CutlerQBVanderbilt4th
(-6)4th / 10th The slew of veteran quarterback transactions that have taken place over the past week could drop Cutler and Vince Young down the board. Arizona has needs to address, but would have to strongly consider either young passer should one fall to them. 11.RamsJimmy WilliamsDBVirginia Tech11thSAME11th / 15th To make a move back into contention for the NFC West crown, the Rams have to compete with the passing attacks featured by Seattle and Arizona. Williams is the most gifted cornerback in the draft and some teams feel his upside is even higher at safety. 12.Browns
Haloti NgataDTOregon13th
(+5)12th / 18th Ted Washington was added in free agency, but he's 37. Ngata is the most dominant interior run defender in the draft whose only real question mark is his motor. He would have an excellent mentor in Washington. 13.RavensVince YoungQBTexas10th
(-3)3rd / 13th GM Ozzie Newsome has made a career of landing prospects who, for one reason or another, have slipped too far come draft day. Young's rare potential could be too much to pass up for a team not sold on Kyle Boller for the long-term yet. 14.EaglesErnie SimsOLBFlorida State14thSAME14th / 23rd A lack of playmaking linebackers was one of the reasons Philadelphia's defense struggled last year. Sims' combination of explosiveness and instincts make him a potential instant impact defender, especially in a scheme as aggressive as Jim Johnson's. 15.Denver
(from Falcons)Kamerion WimbleyDE/OLBFlorida State12th
(-3)12th / 18th Making the trade with Atlanta and New York gives the Broncos a pick in the top half of the first round and a chance at Wimbley, arguably the draft's most dynamic pass rusher. With both the 15th and 22nd overall picks, Denver is also in prime position to trade into the top five should it fall in love with an elite prospect. 16.DolphinsJohnathan JosephCBSouth Carolina17th
(+1)16th / 30th Nick Saban has addressed two of his primary needs with the additions of QB Daunte Culpepper and LT L.J. Shelton. Some might feel he has addressed the cornerback need with Will Allen, but depth behind Allen and Travis Daniels is unreliable and Joseph continues to move up the charts. 17.VikingsChad JacksonWRFlorida18th
(+1)17th / 29th As scouts review his film and realize his rare combination of size and speed, Jackson is pulling away from the competition to emerge as the draft's top wideout. Nate Burleson, the Vikings current No. 1 receiver, is a restricted free agent, but teams don't appear to be concerned as he would only cost a third-round pick if signed. The Vikings could find themselves needing help at the position. 18.CowboysManny LawsonOLBN.C. State16th
(-2)16th / NR With the addition of Terrell Owens, the Cowboys likely will be looking for another pass rusher or a pass blocker with this choice. The team is clearly gearing up for a Super Bowl run this season, and Lawson would provide an immediate impact opposite young star DeMarcus Ware. 19.ChargersEric WinstonOTMiami23rd
(+4)19th / NR The Chargers could use help at receiver and defensive back and will consider other options with this pick. But to ease Philip Rivers into the fire, San Diego would be wise to consider an offensive tackle with Winston's athleticism and experience. 20.Chiefs
(from Bills)Ashton YoubotyCBOhio State20thSAME20th / 20th After releasing Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon, the Chiefs will strongly consider top cornerback prospects with their first-round pick. Not many corners have more upside than this former Buckeye. 21.PatriotsBobby CarpenterOLBOhio StateNR
(NR)21st / NR The Patriots rarely draft for need, but with a hole at linebacker and the versatile, instinctive Carpenter on the board, the pick makes too much sense not to be given strong consideration. Besides, with five picks in the top 105, the Patriots have plenty of opportunities to address other areas. 22.Broncos
(from Commanders)Jason AllenFSTennessee22ndSAME22nd / NR With two first-round picks and their need for an outside pass rusher already filled, the Broncos can afford to gamble on greatness -- and Jason Allen certainly could be great. Prior to a hip dislocation, some teams were grading Allen as a top 10 pick, quite a rarity for the free safety position. By draft day, Allen may not make it this far down the board. 23.BuccaneersMarcus McNeillOTAuburnNR
(NR)23rd / NR One of the few areas of clear need on a veteran Bucs team is to address the play of the offensive tackles. McNeill has the athleticism to play left tackle and the size to play on the right. Chris Simms would probably appreciate the fact that McNeill hasn't given up a sack since his freshman season. 24.BengalsDonte WhitnerSSOhio State24thSAME24th / NR Even with the recent free agent addition of Dexter Jackson, the Bengals would be wise to snatch up Donte Whitner if he's available. Whitner, blessed with spectacular speed for a safety, could be the missing element on an athletic Cincinnati defense. Tight end remains the Bengals' biggest need, but most scouts feel the only player at the position worthy of a first-round selection is Vernon Davis, who won't make it out of the top 10. 25.GiantsChad GreenwayOLBIowa31st
(+6)12th / 31st The Giants have flirted with the notion of adding Lavar Arrington through free agency, but even if the team did add the mercurial outside linebacker, an athletic, instinctive talent like Greenway would make a lot of sense. 26.BearsSantonio HolmesWROhio State25th
(-1)24th / 26th Santonio Holmes is slipping as teams study his film more closely. However, his big play ability would make a great deal of sense for a Chicago offense in need of playmakers. 27.PanthersDeAngelo WilliamsRBMemphis21st
(-6)21st / 27th With DeShaun Foster signed, the Panthers aren't looking for a back to carry the load. But with Foster's lack of durability, a prospect with Williams' penchant for production has to be enticing. Williams left Memphis as the NCAA's career leader in all-purpose yardage (7,573 yards). 28.JaguarsNick MangoldCOhio State32nd
(+4)28th / NR Brad Meester is a solid center and, just as important, the team feels he can slide over to play guard. Vince Manuwai was a disappointment at left guard last year, so Jacksonville might jump at Mangold, a rare center almost universally graded as a first-round talent. 29.Jets
(from Denver)Mathias KiwanukaDEBoston CollegeNR

MiStar

Reaction score
Ashton Youboty is not first round material. In fact, he's not even second round material. The only starter that might have played worse on OSU's defense this year was Nate Salley.

Eric Winston is another guy who has no business being selected in the first round. In all honesty, I'd rather have Pettiti.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
Hmmm...I think the Cowboys should draft Jimmy Williams! The guy plays FS and cornerback!

Except for in that mock draft he goes to STL at 11 which wouldn't give us a shot. I'd be quite happy with Manny Lawson at that point. Jason Allen is still there, but if the QB can't get the ball out then what need do we have for a 1st round FS? I'd rather have a guy like Watkins or Anthony Smith later in the draft.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
This is actually NFLDraftScouts latest mock. Aside from Lawson in Round 1, they have the Cowboys taking Jeremy Trueblood in Rd. 2 and Oklahoma WR Travis Wilson in Round 3.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MiStar said:
Eric Winston is another guy who has no business being selected in the first round. In all honesty, I'd rather have Pettiti.

I'd trade 10 Petitti's for Eric Winston...the talent and athletic ability arnt even close

David

ghst187

Reaction score
MiStar said:
Ashton Youboty is not first round material. In fact, he's not even second round material. The only starter that might have played worse on OSU's defense this year was Nate Salley.

I agree totally. Youboty was roasted all year long from what I saw and I watched a good number of OSU games. Teams threw right at him and often deep. No one in OSU's secondary impressed me in the least. But I have to admit that Youboty is a cool last name, maybe that's why they put him in the first round.
Winston....totally agree. Legal problems, U of Miami guy, injury concerns...=no thanks!

I do love this mock's first round and I tend to agree that it very well may be very close to what happens. I certainly hope so!
See mine below: