Culpepper Cleared of Charges

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
[FONT=arial,] QB Culpepper cleared of misdemeanor charges in boat scanda[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,]MINNEAPOLIS - Daunte Culpepper was cleared Tuesday of misdemeanor charges stemming from a party boat scandal in October.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,]The Miami Dolphins acquired the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback from the Minnesota Vikings on March 15 for a second-round pick in 2006.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Now Culpepper can play for his new team with no distractions after a Hennepin County judge cleared him of any misdemeanor charges on Tuesday.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Culpepper was one of four members of the Vikings accused of misdemeanor lewd conduct while on a cruise boat in Lake Minnetonka on October 6. Culpepper maintained his innocence all along.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]However, Judge Kevin Burke denied a motion to dismiss charges against running back Moe Williams of the Vikings.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]The other two players charged - cornerback Fred Smoot and tackle Bryant McKinnie - will have hearings on Thursday.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Culpepper, 29, tore the ACL, MCL and PCL in his right knee in an October 30 game at Carolina.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]That didn't stop the Dolphins from making a trade for Culpepper, sending Minnesota a second-round pick in this month's draft.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Last season, Culpepper threw for just six touchdowns with 12 interceptions in seven games before suffering the injury. His value to the Vikings on the field diminished when veteran quarterback Brad Johnson led the Vikings to a 7-2 record.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]After signing a 10-year, $102 million contract in May 2003, Culpepper rewarded the Vikings with a monster campaign in 2004, completing 69 percent (379-of-548) of his passes for 4,717 yards and 39 touchdowns with 11 interceptions en route to garnering Pro Bowl honors for the third time.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I think Daunte is vastly overrated as a QB... that notwithstanding, a lot of people -- especially in the press -- owe him an apology.

His reputation did not deserve the trashing he got over this.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I think Daunte is vastly overrated as a QB... that notwithstanding, a lot of people -- especially in the press -- owe him an apology.

His reputation did not deserve the trashing he got over this.
Because they reported that he was suspected of and charged with a crime?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
theogt said:
Because they reported that he was suspected of and charged with a crime?
I think it's pretty clear that he was subject to a media feeding frenzy that was largely due to the fact that he was the most high-profile person at the party.

He was obviously at the wrong place at the wrong time... but that doesn't make him a thug or a criminal. Reminds me of the rap Irvin faced several years back... he was an easy target.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
I think it's pretty clear that he was subject to a media feeding frenzy that was largely due to the fact that he was the most high-profile person at the party.

He was obviously at the wrong place at the wrong time... but that doesn't make him a thug or a criminal. Reminds me of the rap Irvin faced several years back... he was an easy target.

And how many times did you hear reporters apologizing to Irvin and E?
Of the days and days of them ripping the two, how many days were given to clearing their names by the press?

Sad to say but reporters and the media are quick to rip a person, rarely as fast or with equal gusto in apologizing.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
And how many times did you hear reporters apologizing to Irvin and E?
Of the days and days of them ripping the two, how many days were given to clearing their names by the press?

Sad to say but reporters and the media are quick to rip a person, rarely as fast or with equal gusto in apologizing.
Oh totally, I agree.

It's just ridiculous that the media is allowed to convict a guy in the press... trash his reputation... and then quickly move along if they're wrong.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar22 said:
or maybe can't recognize a typo. the spelling is correct, by the way.:rolleyes:

Although I hate the spelling **** stuff.

I do believe he is talking about

your - as in not mine but yours

as opposed to you're as in you're going to the bank.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Danny White said:

He was suspected of a sex-related crime. Should anyone be surprised by media attention, much less think they should apologize for it? I really don't think so. It received so much attention because it was a "sex cruise". Daunte received the most attention of the group because he has the highest profile. No apologies needed. I have no way to know, but I suspect he was aware beforehand what sort of situation he was putting himself in.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Although I hate the spelling **** stuff.

I do believe he is talking about

your - as in not mine but yours

as opposed to you're as in you're going to the bank.
I hate spelling ***** myself. I just thought it was humorous that he misspelled a word that drastically changed the meaning of his sentence when he himself was speaking of someone being misunderstood.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Culpepper is small potatos compared to the big fish Sean Taylor. He belongs behind bars.