Culpepper... trade me or cut me!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I've always liked Daunte.

That said, I don't see us even expressing an interest.

Actually, I kind of like him, too. I just like calling him Baby Fingers, and, with the injury, he's far from a sure thing at this point.

He had an MVP-quality year the season before last. I don't think I've ever seen a player drop off a cliff the way he did last year. I know, statistically, he didn't play much worse than Johnson did in replacement, but, qualitatively, the difference was huge if you followed the games.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Talk about stabbing your own team in the back. The Vikes chance to trade his overrated punk *** just went out the window. He already has a killer contract, which he had the nerve to ask for more money this year even though he may not even be fully ready to play. Now any interested team will just wait Minny out. So the Vikes either get nothing for him or they're faced with the delightful prospect of having a guy who doesn't want to be there and has already refused to do his rehab in Minnesota as the team requested so he could get started learning Russ Grimm's new offense. Unreal. Go get another lap dance Daunte.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
just say no to punk QB's who are extremely prone to turnovers, off field trouble and coming off major potential career ending knee injuries

the guy was just putrid on and off the field last yr

David

playit12

Reaction score
For those saying that Vince Young was too dumb to be a good QB in this league, let me just point out that Dante makes Vince sound like an Ivy-Leaguer. This guy is stupid... Banging ones head on the wall stupid...

There was some rumors that agents were slipping actual copies of the Wonderlic to their clients before the test thus accounting for some surprising scores (35 to Akili smith for isntance). I think Dante got a copy of the test and could still only score an 18 or so... Between his inability to qualify for Div 1A programs, His interviews, Randy Moss basically calling out his intelligence, and watching him actualy play on the field... I think it's quite possible that he is the least intelligent player in the league today.

Most of the Minn. game plan in years past (when he looked good) was throw in the general vicinity of Randy no matter what and he'll make the catch. That was the entirety of their goal line passing game. Take away Moss, and Culpepper had a truly horrible year. 12 picks vs 6tds and 3 lost fumbles. He was also sacked 31 times in just 7.25 games. The team was 2-6 (with the only wins coming from the Saints and Packers) before Dante got hurt. They then went on to win their next 6 straight.

I'll take a pass.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Man, Culpepper to Oakland could really mess up draft plans for Vince Young.

Who cares?

There is speculation that the Saints and Titans will take Leinart and Cutler. The next obvious stopping place for Vince Young would be Oakland at the #7pick, but if Daunte get picked up by Oakland then...

They have a camera on him so America can watch in horror as he slides, and slides and slides all the way down to the Cardinals at 10.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Who cares?

They have a camera on him so America can watch in horror as he slides, and slides and slides all the way down to the Cardinals at 10.

I care, because it is an interesting story. If you do not, that is certainly your right.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Culpepper with a 10 foot fishing pole! :cool:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
There is only ONE FA QB I would go after, Drew Brees. Pass on daunte,, I would actually hate that signing more than TO. I would puke everytime i saw that little stupid dance he does if he was wearing a star. But with the deadline looming and it looks like SD is going to let Brees walk, I say, 12:02 Jerry brings Drew Brees a pen and contract.

fortdick

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
He might prefer a team with a lake nearby.

Actually, he is prolly looking for one near the coast. Go 12 miles offshore and anything goes! Those dern lakes are territorial waters.

sacase

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
He might prefer a team with a lake nearby.

No, he learned his lesson. He wants to be in a city near the ocean so he can sail out to international waters. :)