News: CW: Cowboys lose backup center to waiver wire

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'd like to know which team he would really rather play for.

The Colts are a true dumpster fire.
I'm sure he's pissed just on missing the playoffs & practice squad money. He can't even join the Colts until after the Super Bowl has been played.

As for the Cowboys, it just hurts this years depth if they are successful in the playoffs. He's been in the league since 2018 and the Cowboys were his 4th team so probably not enough upside to ever make the team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Can non-playoff teams claim a recently cut player that's on waivers? If your team is out of the playoffs, how does that help your team at all? Why not be forced to wait until the playoffs are over just in case a playoff team loses a player or two to injury but need to immediately find a replacement player as your playoffs continue?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This is what happens when you don't do enough to prove yourself indispensable.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch now, some playoff team will send a draft pick to the Colts later on. It will be announced right before the draft.
As that playoff team did not want us to resign him. It is a conspiracy. So they had the Colts sign him, trade coming later.
:muttley:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Can non-playoff teams claim a recently cut player that's on waivers? If your team is out of the playoffs, how does that help your team at all? Why not be forced to wait until the playoffs are over just in case a playoff team loses a player or two to injury but need to immediately find a replacement player as your playoffs continue?
Great question as I was thinking the same exact thing. It seems this shouldn’t be allowed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Shep got cheated out of some possible playoff money on playoff prep week with that move by the Colts. He probably doesn't mind that he can't report to his new team per NFL rules until the playoffs are over.

As for the Cowboys, I doubt they are sweating Shep being claimed by the Colts. Despite how the media is reporting it, the Cowboys will hardly be short at the center position on Monday night. IMO, it's a non-story.

quickccc

Reaction score
mcgovern is the backup c.
farnoik is set to return.
biadasz returns to the starting line-up.
i think we're good.

maybe it was about the long snap/FG snaps for special teams
we still have more center candidates on practice squad.