D played great...

NickZepp

Reaction score
In the 2nd half they dominated after that early TD. They were the difference in the game.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
We had a TERRIBLE 2nd quarter, but outside of that, they played pretty well.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
After the 1st TD in the 2nd half, the Defense stepped up.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
dude we cant get any pressure at all. no pressure at all. none.!!!!!!!!!!

marcus spears and canty are worthless. hopefully hatcher can be something. cause those two are ****.

twa

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who is NOT covering the fullback?
Not able to pick it out.

btw I agree not a bad game by the D

goshan

Reaction score
Lol.
D never played great.
The falcons are no Gem on offense.
They were horrible in the 2nd quarter and ok the rest of the game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
locked&loaded;1237601 said:
dude we cant get any pressure at all. no pressure at all. none.!!!!

From what Brad and Charlie were saying, the Cowboys mostly rushed three with a spy staying back on Vick. He got 56 yards, but I think we did OK keeping him from beating us with his legs.

Ken

Reaction score

marcus spears and canty are worthless. hopefully hatcher can be something. cause those two are ****.

Maybe not but we did have 4 sacks and just missed a bunch more.

I must say that I thought Carpenter looked to be one of the best players on our D today...

Very good to see.

Basileus777

Reaction score

Yeah, they played real great. The defense can't cover the flats and has been humiliated by fullbacks for the 2nd straight week. They gave up 28 points and made Vick look like Peyton Manning passing the ball.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score

3 sacks and 2 INTs isn't too bad. The D sacked up when they needed to. A 21-point first half isn't good, but at least they stopped them when it counted.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't think our defense played well at all. I was happy with our run defense. But it's obvious that our passing defense is having problems.

What helped our defense more than anything that second half was Marion Barber. He kept their offense off the field.

The last three weeks we've given up 11 TD passes. We've given up HUGE pass plays to mediocre receivers the past two weeks.

We've got to change up our coverages or something.

Haley94

Reaction score
Mb3 played great! The D needs to get better, fast! They had a good 4th quarter. I hope they can build on it.

roughneck266

Reaction score

Didn't they have like 4 sacks? Is that not pressure?

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;1237625 said:
3 sacks and 2 INTs isn't too bad. The D sacked up when they needed to. A 21-point first half isn't good, but at least they stopped them when it counted.

Can't really count that last pick off of what basically amounted to a hail mary by schaub

NickZepp

Reaction score
Losing Ellis has hurt our defense. We just haven't been as good on D without him. But late in the game we were able to shut Atlanta down.

ddh33

Reaction score
The biggest difference to me, and one that can't possibly be over-stated is that this defense responded to getting punched in the face tonight.

Last week, my biggest concern wasn't with the mistakes. I felt like those things would get fixed. My concern was how the defense seemed to roll over and take their beating. That happened a few times early in the season too.

Tonight, after a horrible second quarter and rough start to the third quarter, the guys stood up and decided to fight back. That means more to me than everything else.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Quarter number two has been a nightmare for Cowboy fans these past two weeks. Let us hope it is resolved and quickly.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Our defense allowed Vick to toss 4 TDs while bringing the likes of Roddy White an Ashlie Lelie alive tonight.(???) I don't consider that a good effort by any means. We still have zero pass rush and if DeAngelo Hall was burnt toast then Anthony Henry was burnt smelly popcorn tonight.

They played fairly well tonight but that won't cut it in the playoffs against a really good offense. Let's hope they build on this.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Today was progress in the wake of last week's meltdown. They could have melted down when Atlanta went on a 28-7 run, but they stepped up and did not allow a score the rest of the game. Kudos for that. We need to build on this for the next two games going into the playoffs.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Is this thread a joke?:lmao2:

Blind Love for our team after a Win is hilarious. Dont come back crying next week if Dallas Secondary lays another egg.

Our D has potential and for the most part They can( Key word) play solid. But as of late they have been getting punked up and down the field. Sorry I just cant give the D as a whole any credit at all. The stops they made at the end are expected of a D with this much talent. Us holding our breath after every defensive series is something that should be left for garbage nobody Teams not the Cowboys.

The offense won this game the Defense did everything to lose it.