Dak getting injured last season was the worst thing for us who do not like him

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
if he was never injured and played the entire season and we missed the playoffs for the 2nd season in a row, no way was he getting a long term deal. But he got injured and the offense struggled the rest of the season which is why he got his money. I jumped off the bandwagon after the 2019 season because I had seen enough at that point. So now we are stuck with him and I have no confidence we will ever reach a NFC championship game with him as QB. Tired of the 3 and outs, the screen passes and him not wanting to run when pressured by the defense. The only way we will reach a SB is from the play of special teams and the defense like the 2002 Bucs and 2006 Bears. it won have anything to do with him

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if he was never injured and played the entire season and we missed the playoffs for the 2nd season in a row, no way was he getting a long term deal. But he got injured and the offense struggled the rest of the season which is why he got his money. I jumped off the bandwagon after the 2019 season because I had seen enough at that point. So now we are stuck with him and I have no confidence we will ever reach a NFC championship game with him as QB. Tired of the 3 and outs, the screen passes and him not wanting to run when pressured by the defense. The only way we will reach a SB is from the play of special teams and the defense like the 2002 Bucs and 2006 Bears. it won have anything to do with him

666 from the time 2 QB went down for him to start to the above timing of the injury we are in the grasp of the Cowboy Anti-Christ.....Filling his coffers while we waste another 10 years...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I get what you mean but he would've been paid either way. I was just not sure after going down after that severe of an injury. That's the going cost for a top 8ish qb now. He has looked damn good for the most part. I've always been 40/60ish on dak. We knew the running would be different but that's to be expected.

Hes a pretty damn good for the most part. He's better than aikman imo. But so are like 4 other dallas qbs tbh imo

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I get what you mean but he would've been paid either way. I was just not sure after going down after that severe of an injury. That's the going cost for a top 8ish qb now. He has looked damn good for the most part. I've always been 40/60ish on dak. We knew the running would be different but that's to be expected.

Hes a pretty damn good for the most part. He's better than aikman imo. But so are like 4 other dallas qbs tbh imo
:omg:wow, some people just like starting arguments. :popcorn:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Good news is Dak doesn't have a long term contract.

Cmac

Reaction score
Problem 1: What is it to win our fans over when a player has earned market value......just keep under paying him?
Problem 2: The NFL doesn't have Fantasy Football Trade rules.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Last edited:

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak was getting extended regardless, the front office would have used the atrocious defensive as justification for any lack of success. This year will see how it ends and how they'll blame.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans have paid attention to Jerry Jones for five years but do not know him.
Some fans have watched Jones for ten years but do not understand him.
Some fans have observed Jones for twenty years but still do not know how he thinks.
Some fans have contemplated just what takes place between Jones' two ears for over three decades and have never figured him out.

Jones was signing Dak Prescott to a long-term contract ever since mid-season of 2016. The clue? That gleeful, giggly, foolish cornball look plastered all over his face as he soaked in Prescott's leading the offense during an epic freshman campaign.

Some fans should stop putting themselves in the general manager's shoes--Jerry Jones' shoes--and finally, for ONCE, attempt to think like him. It is not that bleeping hard. Never has been.

Hadenough

Reaction score
:huh: He doesn't have a big-time deal? I thought he did. Now I'm confused.
He doesn't have a long term deal. The Cowboys only have to suffer for 3 more years after this season. His cap hit is 17.5
34, 45, 48 with a chance to get out in 2024 that last year.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He doesn't have a long term deal. The Cowboys only have to suffer for 3 more years after this season. His cap hit is 17.5
34, 45, 48 with a chance to get out in 2024 that last year.

OMG...........nahhhhh really???.....if so we are @@@@@@:(