Audio: Dak Prescott film breakdown

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Hate Cooley, He made all these negative comments about Romo and he turned out to be an overrated loser.
Won't give him a second of my valuable listening time. Sorry
Boy that felt good.:D

VACowboy

Reaction score
Listen to hour 2, 12:00 mark, to what Schefter had to say and what he says football people around the league are saying.

lkelly

Reaction score
Listen to hour 2, 12:00 mark, to what Schefter had to say and what he says football people around the league are saying.

When I click on the hour 1 and 2 part, it says it is 84:19 long. Assuming you mean I should skip forward to the 72 minute mark, it seems to end before then.

Can you transcribe what they said? I'm not sure I can listen to hours of Al Galdi rambling on about John Wall and Chris Cooley asking everyone what type of underwear they prefer.

lkelly

Reaction score
When I click on the hour 1 and 2 part, it says it is 84:19 long. Assuming you mean I should skip forward to the 72 minute mark, it seems to end before then.

Can you transcribe what they said? I'm not sure I can listen to hours of Al Galdi rambling on about John Wall and Chris Cooley asking everyone what type of underwear they prefer.

Nevermind - I think I found it.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
It's hard to stay grounded with Dak. I mean he looks the part and is not rattled by pressure(Had lots of it in college). I say he will be a starter in this league and has the skill set to become an elite QB. I've always taken the cautious route but those throws are a thing of beauty.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Who knows if he will be our future at QB. After years of watching preseason and seeing our offense go to a halting stop when Romo exits, it is fun to see our offense hum with a young backup. Now, we didn't have murderers row behind Romo over the years, but even the one fourth round pick several years ago, it was quickly apparent that guy wasn't an NFL QB. To have a guy like Dak who has looked great for two games is really fun. It is also fun that it isn't like watching paint dry when the Cowboys put their backup QB in.

VACowboy

Reaction score

Go to the link in the OP, click the Cooley & Kevin HR 4 link and then click the hour two link in the popup. Schefter talks about Dak starting about 12:00.

He said that Dak Prescott is going to be the biggest problem for the teams in the East for years to come, that multiple football guys he's talked to have been wowed by Prescott, top to bottom. Either he (or mighta been Cooley) talked about how Dak hit at least six back-shoulder fades at different levels with pinpoint accuracy, how he handled play action, read coverage and made the correct throw after multiple reads, that what he was doing stuff you expect of veterans. Cooley, who absolutely loves Dak, asked how these people were so sure about Prescott after just two preseason games and Schefter cut that off, said oh no, it's not just what he's done in these games. It's how he's handled himself, the offense, the team, and then talked about Russell Wilson's first preseason and how people just see that he was going to be a player as they watched him play. Awesome stuff. That, the 45 minutes Cooley and Sheehan spent talking about Dak in hour three and talking to Mickey at the beginning of hour four is worth listening to. I hate Cooley, but he's fun to listen to when he's gushing about the Cowboys. Cooley went on for five minutes afterward about how "uncomfortable" and "slimy" he felt, having talked Cowboys football for 45 minutes, which brought me back to reality. I've never heard any Cowboys radio personality openly and extensively exhibit distaste for any team, former player or not. Commander culture is evidently built around an obsessive hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. And it's not just the fans.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Was funny...

At one point, as they went to break, Sheehan says, "This is Cowboys radio," which was obviously some pretty tight sarcasm. But they evidently caught a bunch of flak in the three minutes of that commercial break because they came back explaining that no no, this really is Commanders radio!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well not every quarterback has to sit and learn. With a little game planning to fit his strengths he could have a really good rookie season. Of course that's if he's pressed into service:thumbup:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Never cared for Cooley. Good player but can't stand listening to him on the radio. Also, he's dogged Romo and slighted Witten for years on-air. He's one of Snyder's boys, so I'd imagine he'll have a job with the team as long as he desires.

I found Schefter's info more interesting that folks around the league are sold on Dak as a future starting QB.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score

These guys he spoke to said the Cowboys found the quarterback of the future. That the Cowboys fell into it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Go to the link in the OP, click the Cooley & Kevin HR 4 link and then click the hour two link in the popup. Schefter talks about Dak starting about 12:00.

He said that Dak Prescott is going to be the biggest problem for the teams in the East for years to come, that multiple football guys he's talked to have been wowed by Prescott, top to bottom. Either he (or mighta been Cooley) talked about how Dak hit at least six back-shoulder fades at different levels with pinpoint accuracy, how he handled play action, read coverage and made the correct throw after multiple reads, that what he was doing stuff you expect of veterans. Cooley, who absolutely loves Dak, asked how these people were so sure about Prescott after just two preseason games and Schefter cut that off, said oh no, it's not just what he's done in these games. It's how he's handled himself, the offense, the team, and then talked about Russell Wilson's first preseason and how people just see that he was going to be a player as they watched him play. Awesome stuff. That, the 45 minutes Cooley and Sheehan spent talking about Dak in hour three and talking to Mickey at the beginning of hour four is worth listening to. I hate Cooley, but he's fun to listen to when he's gushing about the Cowboys. Cooley went on for five minutes afterward about how "uncomfortable" and "slimy" he felt, having talked Cowboys football for 45 minutes, which brought me back to reality. I've never heard any Cowboys radio personality openly and extensively exhibit distaste for any team, former player or not. Commander culture is evidently built around an obsessive hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. And it's not just the fans.

To be honest, this is the first time I've heard him say more than 2 positive words about the Cowboys.

Falco78

Reaction score
Hate Cooley, He made all these negative comments about Romo and he turned out to be an overrated loser.
Amen brother, he was a complete ******

Falco78

Reaction score
Never cared for Cooley. Good player but can't stand listening to him on the radio. Also, he's dogged Romo and slighted Witten for years on-air. He's one of Snyder's boys, so I'd imagine he'll have a job with the team as long as he desires.

I found Schefter's info more interesting that folks around the league are sold on Dak as a future starting QB.
I loved Roy Williams 31 knocking him silly. That was such a thing of beauty