Video: Dak Prescott has asked for $40M/year from Cowboys - First Things First

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Man, Jane Slater passes around some fake news and the media is talking about it.

She said Zeke was going to report to camp too lol.

Did Mike Florio say Dak wanted 40 million? If so then maybe i'll believe it.

Reaction score
Man, Jane Slater passes around some fake news and the media is talking about it.

She said Zeke was going to report to camp too lol.

Did Mike Florio say Dak wanted 40 million? If so then maybe i'll believe it.
People constantly trash Florio. Maybe rightfully. Maybe not.

But PFT also employs Charean Williams, who has excellent contacts with the Cowboys. She was the one who told Florio Zeke would hold out when Slater insisted he would not.

I would take PFT seriously on Cowboys stuff. Not because of Florio, but because of Williams.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People constantly trash Florio. Maybe rightfully. Maybe not.

But PFT also employs Charean Williams, who has excellent contacts with the Cowboys. She was the one who told Florio Zeke would hold out when Slater insisted he would not.

I would take PFT seriously on Cowboys stuff. Not because of Florio, but because of Williams.

I'm trolling with the Florio bit but it was obvious Zeke was holding out when he never came on social media and cleared it up.

They were saying on the radio that Erick Dickerson and Zeke have the same agent and Dickerson said that Zeke made the team aware back in January that he would hold out if he didn't have a new deal.

When 103.3 asked Stephen Jones about it he had no comment on it.

Chappy

Reaction score
I really hate player managers demanding their clients should be getting paid over inflated money that just kills teams future prospects going forward when they are also talking from their own pocket as they get a big slice of that money as well.

If we pay Dak 40 Million we are going to be screwed and how about showing that you are the best QB in the league BEFORE asking to be paid like one huh?

Dak / Zeke and Cooper with the money they are demanding is going to cripple us going forward and they are hardly an Aikman / Irvin and Emmitt Smith unit.

This will not end well i feel with these contracts.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really hate player managers demanding their clients should be getting paid over inflated money that just kills teams future prospects going forward when they are also talking from their own pocket as they get a big slice of that money as well.

If we pay Dak 40 Million we are going to be screwed and how about showing that you are the best QB in the league BEFORE asking to be paid like one huh?

Dak / Zeke and Cooper with the money they are demanding is going to cripple us going forward and they are hardly an Aikman / Irvin and Emmitt Smith unit.

This will not end well i feel with these contracts.

Nice sig photo Chappy....Ouch!!!!

T-RO

Reaction score
Speaking to the First-Things-First broadcast above...I don't see that trio in play much longer. Threads are stretching on this broadcast bunch.

It was good a year ago or so... They clearly aren't enjoying one another so much right now. The disrespect Cris shows to his partners is grinding this thing down. Hard. And Nick Wright, post cosmetic surgery and a few seasons on the air, is less willing to take put-down arrows.

The egos in television...wow. I wouldn't want to be them. Such egos get really heavy to pull, and hard to fit through doorways.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
To finish the thought in my last post: I greatly admire Cris for his overcoming of substance abuse. The even bigger battle is to overcome outrageous ego. As I scan Google I see a ton of Carter's teammates that viewed him as an impossible ego-driven diva. One that ultimately drug his teams downward, not up. I'd like to say otherwise...but the dreaded diva-receiver curse (Dez, Cole, T.O. etc.) is dripping all over that man.

Anyway...back to the topic at hand...Dak and the contract.