Dak Prescott is proof that you can't have nice things in Dallas

Romonater

Reaction score
Because then fans get out of hand and start belittling our starting quarterback. Why can't we have both quarterbacks and be grateful that we are in a much better situation than last year. There is no competition here. Dak is a good qb and will be a great qb of our future. Romo is our elite starter and has carried this team when they were absolute filth. He deserves a chance to change the narrative of his legacy. Plus, if it doesn't work out and this team falters, we have our definite answer. If he gets injured again, we have Dak. That's a wonderful thought, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Just be grateful once again this isn't 2015.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dak has played well, but I really haven't seen anything to suggest he's the definitive long term answer at QB. As more and more film on him becomes available, teams will adjust to take away what he does well and challenge him to do things that he hasn't done yet. If he were attacking all areas of the field with success already, I may have a different opinion, but as of now, Romo starts week 8 if he can. If he struggles, we can revisit who starts, but until then, I see no reason to stick with Dak.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
We have a TON of dumb fans. And I'm not talking about the fans here that say another person's opiniom is dumb, because at least everyone here knows a good amount about football.

I'm talking about DUMB. Like, couldn't name any coach besides Garrett, will base their opinion on the latest national media narrative, and will wear over-sized styrofoam Cowboy hats at the game (i hate those more than anything, lol).

The sad thing is; if/when Romo throws an INT at home, he WILL get boo'd by the idiots. I really hope i am not there.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dak has played well, but I really haven't seen anything to suggest he's the definitive long term answer at QB. As more and more film on him becomes available, teams will adjust to take away what he does well and challenge him to do things that he hasn't done yet. If he were attacking all areas of the field with success already, I may have a different opinion, but as of now, Romo starts week 8 if he can. If he struggles, we can revisit who starts, but until then, I see no reason to stick with Dak.

Like I do not know throw farther than 30 yards more than 3 times a game. Don't get me wrong the arrow on the kid is pointing up but when teams see that either this staff or this QB is not comfortable throwing deep guess what teams are going to load up on the run and cover the short stuff and make him throw it deep.

kevm3

Reaction score
The 'book' has been out on Prescott for a long time and teams still haven't solved it. They took away his security blanket Cole Beasley and he still found the open man and we still march down the field. This whole 'he needs to throw deep' stuff is nonsense. One of the reasons we're constantly converting 3rd downs is because Dak takes the high percentage throw. If it's deep, then it's deep. What's sad is that we are winning games and you still have people talking about he's not playing a winning game.

Some fans would rather see him play And1 circus ball and launch the ball down the field and waste downs because it's highlight reel fodder. Dak is actually averaging a higher YPA than Wentz and yet I rarely hear all this screaming about Wentz being a dink and dunker. I think most of the criticism comes from they don't want this guy to supplant Romo this year or they wanted to draft another QB, likely Wentz