Twitter: Dak Prescott on how big last night's win was for the Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

“Huge. Huge. Huge. Especially when you compare it to the alternative, what that would have been like. It was huge. A young team, young linemen, just understanding the impact that (reporters), what your jobs have on young players. Got to turn the narrative. Got to change the narrative. That’s what this game did, especially over a long weekend. Puts us at 2-2, allows us a couple days to get our body right, mind right. If guys want to read about themselves and this team, it’s all positive hopefully. I ask you (reporters) to make it positive. Keep their confidence right and just allow to build momentum. Played on a bunch of different teams, and some that when you got going, it just gets hot. That’s what we’re looking to do.”

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Great. Games are now “big” according to this guy when the team beats a lowly team so it doesn’t itself become one.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I came a runnin' as soon as I saw Dak had spoken. Still on the media to not over inflate or under inflate their ego's. Good, good.

Understanding that narrative, that's right down his alley.

So, will it be the media's fault when they get embarrased next? Or will he move onto something else. He sure makes it interesting.

CWR

Reaction score
Great. Games are now “big” according to this guy when the team beats a lowly team so it doesn’t itself become one.
It would have been a pretty devastating loss.

Frame the win however you want, but a loss would've been really bad.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

Nah.

It would just mean the team sucks.

“Big” wins are for up-and-coming teams or a SB contender that defeats another SB contender.

Not just flail through a game against a recent perennial loser.

This is what the organization has fallen to.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I kind of think that's what he really was getting at. He didn't say the team played great or is there yet, only that it was a big win, which it was. The players understand that we running a new defense and it takes time to settle into that. The players understand that we've got some rookies out there and they are going to take their lumps before possibly settling in. The players can't help it that the Joneses chose this path for the team; all they can do is try to do the best they can with it. From that standpoint, this was a huge win.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I thought Dak could of been better the 2nd half but with McCarthy's play calling we're lucky he did this good. This team is easily 0-17 without Dak so not many complaints from last night.

Surfguy

Reaction score
A young team...young linemen...no smoke and mirrors...no playoffs.

This is a rebuild year anyway you slice and dice it! And, any victory is a blessing given that. Just don't expect many of them.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I thought we were the lowly team? Heard it here the last 4 days. Who did you pick to win?
The team was a six point favorite and didn’t even cover the spread (meaning they should’ve won by at least 10 sans home field advantage cause there really wasn’t any). I don’t pick teams to win. I say so-and-so SHOULD win and just watch the game and see what happens.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak Prescott said:
I ask you (reporters) to make it positive. Keep their confidence right and just allow to build momentum.

He wants the media to become the team's cheerleaders..? That is an unusual request. It is not their job as well.

The best enticement is winning. The media will follow suit.

visionary

Reaction score
He wants the media to become the team's cheerleaders..? That is an unusual request. It is not their job as well.

The best enticement is winning. The media will follow suit.
I would strongly urge our resident homers (who cannot be named for fear of post deletion) to start making “positive” and “believe” threads on a daily basis. I have it on good authority that if we lose any games this year it will be solely because of the rampant “negativity “ on CZ

CWR

Reaction score
Nah.

It would just mean the team sucks.

“Big” wins are for up-and-coming teams or a SB contender that defeats another SB contender.

Not just flail through a game against a recent perennial loser.

This is what the organization has fallen to.
I don't know. I think not sucking is kind of important. Lol

AND.... I know we are close to sucking. There's still a small hope they find their way out of it.