Dak Prescott on playbook: I don't want any limitations

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

After authoring one of the best rookie campaigns in NFL history, quarterback Dak Prescott is ready for the Cowboys to challenge him even more with the playbook this year.
"I don't want any limitations. I want it all," Prescott said Wednesday on Training Camp Primetime. "I want them to give me everything, give me the whole offense, ask me to do more, challenge me. I think I do better when they challenge [me], they expect more [of me]. From reads to more, I guess you could say complicated plays or reads or whatever it is, I want them to throw it all at me."
So much has changed in one year. Prescott entered last year's training camp as the third-string quarterback behind Tony Romo and Kellen Moore.

"Being out here last year I was watching film. This morning we watched film and we laughed because sometimes I don't even show up on the practice film this early in the camp," said the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Due to injuries sustained by Romo and Moore, he landed the starting gig sooner than expected. The wording of the playbook came as a challenge for him last season but now he's calling plays like a pro. He's getting so comfortable in the huddle that his teammates say the plays are falling off his lips now.
"It's just the reps I've gotten throughout the whole season, OTAs and minicamp. Terminology is one of the tough things I had to overcome and adapt to in the NFL. They used to kind of laugh at me and chuckle when I'd get tongue tied on these plays. Now they roll them off. I just got an aura of confidence about me that I guess [now]," Prescott explained.
Dallas drafted him in the fourth round out of Mississippi State. Prescott finished his rookie season with a 67.8 completion percentage, 3,667 passing yards, 23 passing touchdowns and just four interceptions. He led Dallas to a division title and a top seed in the NFC. Now that teams have a full year of tape on the QB the pressure is on Prescott not to show any signs of regression in Year Two.
"I think the pressure I put on myself and the expectations I have for myself are higher than what anybody else can put on me. I don't really sense pressure from my coaches, my teammates, the organization or fans. I put a lot on myself. So I just worry about that. I worry about what I can control, what I can get better at to help this team and organization," Prescott added.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why would anyone be surprised at this?
Why would ANY QB want otherwise?
The embarrassing thing would be if you were in year two and didn't want that.
Since Dak is a beast, of course he does.

Last edited: