Dak throwing tight window throws during the last week of training camp 2024

plymkr

Reaction score
I get the injury concerns with preseason games but I wish we could get the starters in for at least a series or 2. If we put the starters in for the first drive and it’s not a 3 and out then have that be the only drive they play. I want to be safe but I also would like to see them shake off the rust. Watching Dak throw dimes in practice is encouraging but I’m kind of old school where I wish the QB and starters got at least one series in during the preseason. JMO

Hadenough

Reaction score
Don't drink the Kool aid! This reminds me of when Beasley was uncoverable in camp. Everyone is great without pressure.
Dak has choking problem and admitting it is the first step. He really needs to see a sports psychologist.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't drink the Kool aid! This reminds me of when Beasley was uncoverable in camp. Everyone is great without pressure.
Dak has choking problem and admitting it is the first step. He really needs to see a sports psychologist.
disappointed-jerry-jones.gif

Adreme

Reaction score
I think a lot of teams have decided that the joint practices are better for preparing starters than the preseason games. You can simulate game situations against uncommon opponents but also have a measure of control and injury prevention.

sbark

Reaction score
Heard this last year.
How MM was forceing Dak to put it in "nfl" windows...
Worked.....but must have a playoff expiration date on it.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak is looking good.

Hope he will be ready Week 1 if he doesn't play at all this preseason (last game left) before the regular season starts in 2 weeks.

Did anyone actually watch the video? There aren’t a lot of tight windows, the fade to corner of endzone was nice, others are nothing special. AC pulling out all stops for his hero, it’s cute.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A psychologist can do a lot.

But you cant become talented by talking about it.
He will never see a psychologist. It would be admitting that he has a choking problem and damaging to his brand. So while it might help him and therefore the team, we all know Dak is about Dak first.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think Dak will have another good to great regular season.

If only that mattered...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did anyone actually watch the video? There aren’t a lot of tight windows, the fade to corner of endzone was nice, others are nothing special. AC pulling out all stops for his hero, it’s cute.
Hilarious. The overwhelming majority of the throws were against tight coverage fitted in tight windows spaces only the receivers had a chance to catch. Several times the defenders were shown clapping their hands in disgust.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He will never see a psychologist. It would be admitting that he has a choking problem and damaging to his brand. So while it might help him and therefore the team, we all know Dak is about Dak first.
i dont think Dak has a chocking problem. Romo had imo.

He is just bad. And it shows against better defenses.
This has nothing to do with whats at stake in a specific game. If you have been following him throughout his career he never was able to play good against the better defenses.

That he isnt able to compete come playoff time has the same reasons. Defenses he has to face in the playoffs are usually good ones. Thats when he shows who he really is: just a bad nfl qb.

That doesnt mean the guy needs a psychologist badly. But because he believes he is a great qb, not because he seems to crumble in more important games. Certainly it would help him accepting that he is not. That would give hope that he changes his believe that he is able to win games on his own.

Last edited:

calicowboy54

Reaction score
man i’ve been saying this for years. i know he sees a psychiatrist for his mental health and dealing with family loss. but a sports psychologist is what he needs as well. michigans mccarthy sought out one and it changed his game in a few years.