Dak using his legs to keep the chains moving

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Having a mobile QB is important for the offense. When Dak wouldn't run it was hurting the offense because the defense knew he wasn't going anywhere. We've all seen enough football to know how much it changes the defense when it doesn't have to account for running QB's.
I won't say its really "running" QB, ala Hurts or Jackson, but a mobile QB, that can extend plays and run when play breaks down. I see it as different. although we have had a few designed runs, its not a staple of the offense like those other teams. but it does give defense something else to worry about and have to cover, which helps open passing lanes and allow WRs to get open.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Glad to see along with his passing game that he is using his legs like he did early in his career I believe he has like 140 yd rushing so far this year and two touchdowns.
Looks like he is on a pace to eclipse his previous season records.
That said I think he feels confident in his leg and we will need his ability to run to get further in the playoffs.
After watching the eagles and the bills it reaffirmed my thoughts on the importance of a quarterback who could run the ball when necessary and thank goodness we have it
Thoughts
Well my first thought is I messed up the title by hitting send before I looked at what the phone printed but by all means everyone make sure they crucify me over it before they comment about Daks running game. Lol
Amen, brother! :clap::thumbup:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bold> That is the beauty of it. It is not necessary for Dak Prescott to be a gazelle or even mimic Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, etc. He should not force himself to stand inside the pocket like the Statue of Liberty if he wants to buy a few extra seconds by scrambling. The same goes whenever the defense has everyone covered but is leaving wide open terrain for him to run and pick up five or so yards.

On a related note but not from a scientific point-of-view, I think Prescott alleviates some early game gitters when he is forced to scramble left or right in order to make a throw. Those throws on the move seem to me to be more accurate early in games than when he is standing stock still in the pocket.

Personally, I would like for Mike McCarthy to scheme a few roll out passes for the first drive of each game. I think that would burn off some of that extra pent up energy from the very start. Prescott has shown he can be deadly with the ball when he appears to hit his comfort zone. The coaches should help him get there right off the bat in my opinion.
100% agreed, DE! :hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not to mention it opens up different angles on the receivers which otherwise would normally be covered by the defender from the pocket. It's why running QBs always do better and it's about time the coaches let him get back to his natural style of play. (I'm assuming it was the coaches who tried to stop him running in the first place like they did Romo.)
100%!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yep now that Dak feels comfortable running after that injury he is giving us everything he can in his skill set to win.

I truly believe if in the tough games against tough opponents like the eagles and the 49ers our other playmakers step up a little bit along with having the discipline to not get penalties we can get over this hump.

Daks running ability gives me hope that we can get a little further as long as everyone else does their job and doesn't make him have to overcome all their mistakes.